ALT+F4 suggestion

Repro:

1. Get in any car or bike.
  2. Drive it.
  3. Press alt + f4.

Actual result:
The car stops immediately when the window to validate the disconnection is displayed, it’s therefore possible to use this to abuse it: drive very fast and press ALF + F4 to stop the car instantly and avoid an accident

Expected result:
The car looses speed slowly, continues to go by inertia.

Video:

And it not happens when your car is in the air

Looks like no one’s replied so I may as well.

You’ve structured this like a bug report but this isn’t exactly an issue. This is GTA5’s default behaviour and probably isn’t beneficial to change directly. I would suggest that the ALT + F4 key combination be hooked to trigger the same quick shutdown as the quit command as that’d bypass the abuse of this behaviour entirely and would improve the user experience considerably as one expects an application to close when ALT + F4 is pressed, not ask the user if they really want to quit.

I’m rather surprised that base game behavior is considered ‘abuse’ these days.

Quitting instantly on a hotkey press is also undesirable (see Source removing F10 at some point) and I’m fairly sure Rockstar added a confirmation exactly due to that.

Actually ‘fixing’ this behavior (which may be extremely complicated and lead to regressions) won’t happen any time soon as it’s very low priority, as it even happens in GTA Online so it’s intended game behavior.

3 Likes

I’m rather surprised that base game behavior is considered ‘abuse’ these days.

Sadly…

Actually ‘fixing’ this behavior (which may be extremely complicated and lead to regressions) won’t happen any time soon as it’s very low priority, as it even happens in GTA Online so it’s intended game behavior.

Yes I see, it’s better to wait, until one day, Rockstar takes care of this behavior for the online mode?

This can already be patched with 5 lines of code in a thread client-sided.

Force the game to shutdown (actually restart) instead of showing the confirmation page.

Citizen.CreateThread(function()
    while true do
        Citizen.Wait(20)
        if IsWarningMessageActive() and tonumber(GetWarningMessageTitleHash()) == 1246147334 then
            RestartGame()
        end
    end
end)

But this doesn’t stop the main problem: the car stops immediately

4 Likes