Admin Abuse

Greetings!

So I’m doing a little side project and poll. No doubt we as server owners struggle to maintain adequate staff levels for our servers. Many of us use various tools for managing our servers.

This poll is to gather data on incidents where staff members go rogue, and do something that negatively impacts our community. This could be mass banning, mass kicking, putting slurs as reasons or general admin abuse.

I’ve enabled multiple options, so choose whichever fits. Share your stories below. Depending on the voting, will depend the next steps. Feedback is always welcome, too.

• Yes - Easy Admin
  • Yes - txAdmin
  • Yes - Framework Admin Menu (ESX, QB, etc)
  • Yes - Other
  • Never

0 voters

I look forward to seeing the responses. I very much look forward to hearing the stories that have happened, too.

I’m not quite sure what the question is that’s being asked, as you haven’t posted it. Is the question “Have you ever had staff abuse their powers? If so, what did admin system were you using?”

If so, then my answer is never. I only had a server with 40 odd players at peak time, but I had nearly 10 active staff members and none of them abused the admin rights they were given as they were heavily vetted beforehand.

Having seen your conversation thread with tabarra, douth-c, and d-bubble, I have to take their side on this issue. I think trying to place blame on whoever created the admin menu is wrong. A server’s staff and their actions are the sole responsibility of the server owner(s), and it is up to them to not bring in people with ill intentions, and also to remedy the situation if admin abuse happens.

5 Likes