Addon props work in YMAP but not in YTYP

So for each time I’ve added a custom prop to a server, I’ve used Skylumz’s YTYP generator (YTYP Generator [ODRS] - GTA5-Mods.com), and added it to my map through Codewalker.

This has worked perfectly fine, up until recently when I’ve started encountering issues. I’ve tried adding another few custom props, and they work perfectly fine on YMAP files, but when I try to add them to YTYP files they do not appear at all, which is annoying for mapping interiors. Even stranger, is that all my old custom props work fine, so it’s nothing breaking custom props from spawning at all, it’s just new ones refuse to appear in YTYP files.

If anyone else has encountered this issue, or has any potential fixes, I’d be appreciated to hear them

• Join their dissccord server and download the latest codewalker

• Create a new ytyp and add the addon props to that ytyp. There’ll be an option in codewalker like add new archetype from ydr or something along those lines

• Add the addon props into codewalker themselves

• Generate a manifest and save the codewalker project

• Rename the ytyp you created. For example sake, we’ll call this myaddonprops_ytyp.ytyp

• Close and reopen codewalker

• Select the correct DLC level

• Open your project file

• Add your MLO files

• Add the addon props to your MLO

• Generate a new manifest and overwrite the manifest for that MLO

In the fxmanifest, add the following:

fx_version 'cerulean'
game 'gta5'

this_is_a_map 'yes'

data_file "DLC_ITYP_REQUEST" "myaddonprops_ytyp.ytyp"

Bam, should work. You don’t need any external ytyp creators, just use latest codewalker.

I’ve done this for addon props with dpemotes, some MLOs I use, etc etc.

Here are two examples where I renamed and retextured existing GTA 5 props to be addon, and added them to a MLO:

In my code, I have added the following:

Show Content

fx_version 'cerulean'
game 'gta5'

authors { 'AleBrambi45', 'TayMcKenzieNZ, SMGMissy' }
description 'Ranch De Caniche'
version '2.0.5'
 url 'https://github.com/TayMcKenzieNZ/Ranch-De-Caniche'

this_is_a_map 'yes'

data_file "DLC_ITYP_REQUEST" "tays_props_ytyp.ytyp"

Ok, thanks a lot man, will have a go at this now. Really appreciate the help

For the 3rd step, what do you mean when you say ‘add the addon props into Codewalker themselves’? I’ve made a new ytyp and added a .ydr through “Ytyp > New archetype from YDR” but not sure what you mean by the step afterwards

Add them into the project window of codewalker

Ok, I’ve tried following your steps and it doesn’t seem to be working. When I try adding a prop by .ydr it adds it but it’s just a set of numbers, as seen in the screenshot. When I try saving it and closing codewalker and opening it again, nothing changes. Is this correct?

You don’t happen to have a video of the steps? Might make it a bit easier to follow than me being an idiot and following your instructions wrongly, I really appreciate your help man

You are trying to make a MLO interior? Because i don’t see very important things in your .ytyp

You need to add the props to codewalker as well as adding them to the ytyp.

Bro, you’re the fucking man. Did not expect you to make an entirely new video about how to do it, has worked properly and the custom prop I was wanting is now appearing (a photo wall of mugshots, if you were wondering).

Thank you so much man, you’ve been a huge help. Hope you have a nice day or night

(sorry for not understanding as well, that’s just me being a fuckin idiot)

You can increase the LOD too, I forgot to mention it in the video but that’s mostly for props out in the world. For MLOs it doesn’t matter too much.

Ahh ok, ye it’s just for an MLO this time. How do you do it though, just so I know?

You can select the prop and it’ll have an option

Ah I get you, thanks man. For everything, you’re a lifesaver

so im trying to combine several maps and create my own for my server, i can move the props to the area and they show in codewalker, but they dont show in city, the props coming from their own maps have their own ytyp how can i resolve this

Regenerate the manifest.ymf