Add-on cars don't work in-game

So, I tried installing these add on cars:

I used this method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TUFAk92hp8&t=73s&ab_channel=ABOWPLAYS

I don’t know if they aren’t working at all or they just won’t spawn in-game. I got this to work before, I don’t know the problem this time. All of the folders for the cars are separate, all of the names in the cfg are correct.

I am also using ESX and some other mods. That didn’t seem to interfere with anything before though.

File screenshots:

addoncar files 2

I have downloaded 2 of your cars and your issue seems to be that the models you are downloading are missing files or they are missing the stuff that should be inside it. So say with the ferrari, it just had a dlc file i belive it was. You will also need a lua resource and vehicle meta and as well carloss and some other stuff. https://www.lcpdfr.com/downloads/gta5mods/vehiclemodels/33444-lspd-lapd-2011-cvpi-fivem-ready/?do=download&csrfKey=461495798989b9b3b8584f865d9d20a4 If you click on this link and download it. You will be able to see what files you need.

1 Like

If it’s a dlc.rpf file, you can easily use OpenIV or CodeWalker’s RPF Explorer to extract all the necessary files, those being all .yft and .ytd files as well as the following .meta : carcols, carvariations, vehiclelayouts, handling, vehicles . Some of these may not be present depending on the vehicle model, but for the very least you will need the vehicles.meta . If there are other .meta files they are usually not used (such as dlctext.meta or the *contentunlocks.meta ) as these either don’t work in FiveM altogether due to lack of data_file mounters or take little to no effect when mounted.

1 Like

I use OpenlV to open the dlc.rpf and take all of the meta files and the yft ytd files. I have also added some screenshots of what the folders look like in the original post.

Yeah, that’s pretty much exactly what I did. All of the yft and ytd files were there and all of the meta files were there.