Add HWID to player identifiers for server owners.

Hi guys.
My idea is to allow server owner’s to display the HWID of each player in identifiers. Just like IP address.
We all know that there are a lot of cheaters here, a lot of them change their discord account , social club, steam and even IP address after being banned. If we were able to ban them on HWID, I think that the problem could be significantly reduced.
Let me know what you think about it. Cheers!

I agree this would combat ban evaders much better. And if HWID is too much to ask for then however FiveM identifies the OS install identities that would be great as well.

2 Likes

Srsly this topic is dead ?

1 Like

I have a feeling majority of server owners dont understand how their servers run to begin with so it might not get the traction it truly needs.

But there needs to be more of a true identifier since every other current identifier can be spoofed or changed with ease at this time.

2 Likes

How often are people ban evading by changing their GTA license?

There are only ‘true’ identifiers at this time. A ‘HWID’ identifier, meanwhile, would be way easier to spoof and way less ‘true’ than any of the current 3PIDs, since they’re self-reported rather than verified through a trusted third party (in fact, none of the current identifiers can be spoofed, they can only be changed since Steam/Discord/Xbox accounts are free and GTA accounts come practically for free on account cracking communities).

That, and any ‘falsifiable’/‘potentially-duplicate’ identifiers can’t currently be supported by the identifier system since no user scripts check if an identifier is ‘as expected’ - or something similar to this’d have been added to the token response already.