Add AMD FSR frame upscaling to client build

It would be nice to push AMD FSR frame upscaling into the client build and have it readily available for use by fresh install, it’s a wonderful tool that does wonders in terms of performance and graphics overhauling. One working mod implementation has already been released on GitHub: GitHub - NarutoUA/gta5_fsr: This mod replaces original Grand Theft Auto V upscaler with FidelityFx Super Resolution 1.0

2 Likes

Yeah, this is already somewhere on the roadmap. These days we have the ability to add custom shaders to native RAGE code fairly easily as well as custom preferences so it should indeed be a relatively simple task to do so clearly and natively in a way that wouldn’t differ much from Rockstar doing so.

I just didn’t know that the shader code was already released - unlike NVIDIA at least AMD does seem to have a much faster pipeline to general availability for devs as per usual :slight_smile: DLSS still is only behind a whitelisted NDA approval process so isn’t very comparable in terms of where one can use it (NV probably only accepts games that would do well in marketing materials). :confused:

2 Likes

You guys still planning on adding FSR?
Can’t play without it… Or is there anyway for me to add it myself?

Bump!

Need this honestly.

Was able to get the FSR 1.0 mod to load however it is causing conflict with the. Has something to do with the DirectX graphics. Something isn’t working correctly between Fivem and the FSR.