Ability to stream bink/bik files

Ability to stream .bik files would be great. Currently we can use NUI to play videos but using a native method to play a video would be really great for those who don’t want to use NUI. Although Im not sure how/if it is possible to do so so :frowning:

I don’t think Bink even has support for network ‘streaming’.

Would there be support in the future to stream them like .ytd files for example? so they are least loaded to the client. Of course its not expected that you’d be able to stream it like a video stream.

‘.ytd files’ are still progressively loaded. It’d be better (and easier!) to fix this the correct way right away i.e. adding native video decoding and playback (using libavcodec or any existing wrappers for it) than figuring out and adding a temporary method with lots of potential downsides as well.

1 Like

Thats fine and understandable, I questioned as I’ve been playing around with RAD Game Tools to see how the compression output is for .bik files, at default settings its currently twice the size of the original file, which makes just running your own server to serve the files with the HTML5 video element in an NUI a much better solution.

Hi

Would you be able to share how you played NUI message as video.

Been trying and read alot, but still can’t get it to work 100%