A weird behavior from FiveM server (Sudden Connection Reset while connecting)

Hi,

I have found an issue related to FiveM server connection, I have tried to read FiveM code, but I couldn’t find something.

The players normally are able to connect, but suddenly when they try to connect they always having connection reset from the server,( Just to confirm it’s from the server, I have opened Wireshark inside the VM/Server to make sure that the server is who sending the reset not a firewall or something like this )

The point here, this behavior was happening only when I was setting sv_requestParanoia to 3 and connecting via browser to info.json for two times, then it is sending reset to any connection I send.

But we are here talking about normal players disconnecting from the server, and trying to connect after a while, even I set sv_requestParanoia to 0

It seems more for me like the server is blocking the client by its source IP.

Why that might happen? And what is the cause?

Are you running behind a reverse proxy? There’s a few other limits (connections per IP, and general request rate limits) that might apply as well.

1 Like

Nope, no reverse proxy it’s just listening on the IP itself.

Is there any possibility to change this metrics? And do you know the current metrics for these limits?

I used to encounter a similar problem, although I was alone at the time, but when I called info.json afterwards I couldn’t connect anymore, although I didn’t check, check these to see if they help:

Also check the KeyedRateLimiter class.