A PSA on Steam identifier support

Then it shouldn’t matter if Steam identifiers are working or not - you should still be able to connect. FiveM by default lets everyone join a server. What is the error you’re getting?

You are wrong, the problem came to Argentina. And I don’t have a white list, but you can’t play. So it is a much deeper problem.

Probably not an issue with the Steam identifier then?

1 Like

I have no whitelist on my server either, and I am not able to join my server, it just says to open steam.

1 Like

esx uses steam id for everything, if you’re on esx, your broken.

1 Like

this is my error: Steam authentication failed: HTTP 429

1 Like

Yep, that’s a rip for me :frowning:

1 Like

Do you think there is NO solution for ESX? I mean I have to pass ALL my server to another system like Vrp?

Me too, I’m digging through essentials right now, it references steam id all the way, no option to change any of it.

1 Like

Ouch that’s rough. Well, maybe this will spawn new resources that have multiple verification steps.

1 Like

That sucks, I am way too familiar with esx to give up on it right now.

2 Likes

In essential mode server main.lua, just change the 4 times it says steam: to license:

Does this work fam?

About to find out, lol.

In the RESOURCES folder ---------> essencialmode ---------> there is a file called LICENSE Will it have something to do?

This WAS a PSA…

Can people stop posting because steam identifiers is down and make a topic in #server-development:server-discussion about changes to identifiers there?

Or better yet, in #server-development:essentialmode.

doesn’t work

Weird, works for me.

yeah, I’m trying to see if I have something else looking for a steam ID

For most people, the issue is much larger than ES’s server.lua as you’ll find the steam: is sprinkled throughout most script being used on the ESX framework.