A PSA on Steam identifier support

simply change the code to detect there discord

add_principal identifier.discord:(discord client id) group.admin

Thanks for your reply. I actually don’t have any admins in my sever.cfg besides myself. The admins/mod’s I have besides myself only have permission in my vmenu permissions file which uses both steam and the rockstar license. Vmenu seems to be working fine so is this necessary to do this change in my server.cfg for anyone but myself? Could I use the license like Vmenu does? I feel like the license might be better as discord could make changes like steam did so I don’t love the idea of using another third party.

Discord won’t do anything changes like that, as all it’s doing is running your client ID, discord doesn’t do any authentication process, im using all discord besides my banning system which bans there license.

Why has there never been a login form on servers ?
Since GUI is used a lot, we can just make a registration form and generate a unique identifier ourselves no ?

Doesn’t work like that fella

And why not ? How does it work then ?

Part of the issue, security-wise, is that by the time the form is available, the player is already loaded in and can exploit the server. The combination of steam identifier and game license is that although both can change, you can combine the two to keep bad actors from ever loading into the server in the first place.

1 Like

Oh I see. That makes sense. Thank you for explaining.

:mascot:

:100:

how about making FiveM as a free mod on steam? That way you get a free AppID

Not how it works dude lmao.

Is it just me, or is the system admins identifier changed from steam to fivem?
If so, how is that working?

:100:

do i put their id ? explain

If using that method then Discord ID, yes. Don’t know how that isn’t clear enough already.

So trash nothing that anyone says is working i don’t have steam beta, cleared my cache, opened the game with steam, and anything else you say I have probably already tried
This $hit is pissing me off I was just trying to play Rp