A PSA on Steam identifier support

Can somebody help me, how i remove this from my server ?

Remove what?

Or how to solve the problem, I can’t connect to my own server …

The Steam Blocking Check, how do you turn this off and still use EssentialMode?

This is unfortunate. I hope that they continue to update this…A lot of servers rely on this.

1 Like

To stop the whitelist on Steam you need to change what identifier it is using to check in the script. The most reliable is the license one - every player presents this and is the hardest to change (compared to others). You simply need to change it to check against that and store that value in the whitelist instead.

If you wan’t to access your server, turn the whitelisting script off or update it. Obviously anyone can join if switched off.

I don’t use essentialmode but anything that uses ace permissions and uses steam as that check/link will fail, as the steam identifier is no longer in the identifiers array. This is what this post warned about many months ago.

Regardless to wherever or not FiveM fix it or not - you should look to use license whitelisting/database links asap. All other identifiers are not reliable (and that’s out of the hands of FiveM team, too).

[Informational] Steam authentication issues - Monitor this

1 Like

is there a way to temporally remove having to have an identifier to join a server

Hiya have no clue on how to disble this but my BRP server is having the same issue but isnt using Essentials mode? anyone got a fix?

1 Like

Stop the whitelisting script.

1 Like

my server is without whitelist

Then it shouldn’t matter if Steam identifiers are working or not - you should still be able to connect. FiveM by default lets everyone join a server. What is the error you’re getting?

You are wrong, the problem came to Argentina. And I don’t have a white list, but you can’t play. So it is a much deeper problem.

Probably not an issue with the Steam identifier then?

1 Like

I have no whitelist on my server either, and I am not able to join my server, it just says to open steam.

1 Like

esx uses steam id for everything, if you’re on esx, your broken.

1 Like

this is my error: Steam authentication failed: HTTP 429

1 Like

Yep, that’s a rip for me :frowning:

1 Like

Do you think there is NO solution for ESX? I mean I have to pass ALL my server to another system like Vrp?

Me too, I’m digging through essentials right now, it references steam id all the way, no option to change any of it.

1 Like

Ouch that’s rough. Well, maybe this will spawn new resources that have multiple verification steps.

1 Like