A few suggestions, and a bug

Hey guys, great work on the fxdk so far. I’ve been using it daily now since release, and I have a few features I’d really love to see implemented, as well as a bug I’ve encountered.

Features:

• An option to open something (folders, scripts) in an external editor like VSCode
  • In the context menu when right-clicking stuff in the project, an “Add to fxdkignore” option
  • Make “auto-restart on change” apply to web files too (html, css, js, ts).
  • A more convenient way of setting convars, maybe even letting scripts set them or something like that?

Bugs

The only bug I have been consistently encountering at the moment is that the input is weird when in-game the scroll wheel is inverted, and that seems to affect NUIs. All my NUIs which are scrollable become unusable, while the non-scrollable ones function as normally.

I’m not exactly sure what to make of this next thing, and it’s really not that big of a problem, but it seems that when moving/driving the w a s d keys are randomly activated. The key will keep being activated until you press down the key affected, cause you to drive/walk in the direction of the activated key. You should be able to check this yourself by just getting in FxDK, and driving a bit around until your vehicle randomly turns.

3 Likes

Thank you for feedback!

1. Doubt we’ll ever have ctx option like “Open in external editor”, but you can “Open in Explorer” for that purpose.
  2. “Ignore this file” sounds like a nice addition, noted :stuck_out_tongue:
  3. Oh snap, indeed, files from fxmanifest don’t get treated as restart-inducing paths
  4. That’s among of most demanded features, heh

Wheel input is indeed a bug as well, oops. As for “stuck” keys, yes, very known bug to me, but is very hard to hunt down, sorry :c

And sorry for taking so long to reply, we have a lot of stuff to work on here :stuck_out_tongue: