3090 vs 3080 Ti for streaming

I am a Youtube streamer. I am currently using 10700k, RTX 2080 Ti to stream GTA 5 RP. Normally averages 60-80 fps /locked at 80/ When I am racing my game averages 30-40fps, sometimes it stutters to 1-5 fps.

I am planning to upgrade my PC. But I cannot choose between RTX 3080 Ti and RTX 3090.

I see all top streamers on Twitch use RTX 3090. 3080 Ti and 3090 have same chip inside and only difference is VRAM. Is having 24GB of VRAM necessary for streaming GTA? or they are just flexing?

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

Easy answer, mo’ specs, mo’ better.

Btw, I’m open to taking your old stuff off your hands for you, and since this is free consulting it would nice if you returned the favor :slight_smile:

You might want to start monitoring your current setup first, find where the bottleneck is. Imagine buying a 3080 Ti when the issue was with your hard drive, you would then keep the same issue. The same goes for VRAM.

Look at the Task Manager, Resource Manager, or other tools that can help you on this. There’s probably enough guides on the internet for this as well.

FYI my previous 1080 Ti had no issues streaming/recording GTA V (1080p) while making use of NVENC (the onboard encoder of the video card). There’s also a high chance that the server’s resources are not optimized at all.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.