[21:9] [32:9] Support for wider aspect ratios

I don’t know much about coding in terms of GTAV but have been quite annoyed recently trying to play on an ultrawide screen. The default elements do not scale to the screen, meaning that when for instance someone tries to put something around a map or to the right of it, it then never lines up. I was hoping this was a easy-ish fix and could be implemented in settings of the next update, an option to fix the hud for other resolutions and aspect ratios.

Game supports such fine, FiveM supports such fine, this is not a FiveM feature request but a feature request to these resources that provide HUDs.

They’re not even ‘default elements’, the only ‘default element’ in your picture is the radar, which is supposed to be 16:9-clamped (imagine playing on a 32:9 monitor and having to twist your neck to even see the HUD) according to R*.

The people making these HUDs should rather use Useful snippet: getting the top left of the minimap in screen coordinates – FiveM Cookbook instead of assuming the screen edge is the same everywhere.

This isnt an issue with FiveM or anything though, its an issue with the resource thats being used

Is there any way to unclamp the radar and just move all the “default stuff” to the edges, with 21:9 the edge is not that far and I would much rather have my radar at the edge and line up with the resources. Its not that I want the other elements to line up with the radar clamped on the edge of 16:9 but that I wish the radar could be moved out and fit in with everything else. An option would make it so both the people who wish to have it on the edge and those who want it normal could be happy. Every resource seems to have this issue with different aspect ratios so was just looking for a potential fix by just adding a simple option to move the radar in FiveM. Sorry for the fuss if this is harder then it looks or not something you want to do. Thanks!

No, why? Why would you blame us for your unwillingness to just place stuff on the actual game’s placement?

If you want to blame anyone, blame Rockstar. We won’t go and change this just so people can be lazy, also safe zone sizes are a thing so that wouldn’t even help solve your issue either.

“Every resource seems to have this”, false, only resources that are wrongly made have “this”, chat-theme-gtao for example is aligned correctly, as is vMenu, etc.

Ask the author of that menu? This is not an issue with FiveM, as detailed above. In fact, things being off screen like that are 10000% a math error in said menu and how it calculates screen offsets.

Anything properly using SET_SCRIPT_GFX_ALIGN works fine. Not sure at all why you need to bump this topic and blame for a “lazy response” when you (or the author of that menu) are the lazy one.

4 Likes

not for me it doesnt FiveM puts things unaccessible off the screen on a 32x9 aspect ratio… to where I am unable to join since I am unable to create a character since it is offscreen where I need to click co continue. so I disagree. it DOES NOT support 32x9 at least not in my experience thus far since thats is WHY I FOUND THIS THREAD looking for answers.

whats worse is I cannot exit it in any manner besides end task or rebooting since those as well seem to be off screen and even right click and close window does not work and neither does clicking the x or alt enter to make it a window.

I am basically going to have to give up on this whole plan of RP because of its lack of support for my monitor resolution and aspect ratio. definitely its A FMR or a bug… one… I really dont feel like troubleshooting this nonsense so I guess people will just get told it works when it doesnt then.

so even if its not, it still is, since they should ALWAYS have a way to close the program, THAT IS DEFINITELY a FMR…

oh well My modification is gonna be uninstall. its simply not that important to me.

… no, it does not. You mentioned ‘creating a character’, that’s not a thing added by FiveM, but a thing added by whoever developed the assets used on the server you’re playing on.

Also, there’s an option to force a 1920x1080 resolution for in-server UI nowadays, have you tried enabling that?