Won't launch?

@Chumplee strange, it should work in win8 compatibility mode. It worked for me but I have an older build of win10. Make sure no other instances of FiveReborn are running in background, maybe try to place FiveReborn on hdd?

@Tusticles Yeah ive restarted several times so i know there isnt any running and ive also tried installing it in other places, even put a folder in the games root and no dice. When i debug the dump I get this little bit of info “Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFCEC6B86E7 (ros-five.dll) in 13975f7e-0c5e-4300-b817-04eff0e02dee.dmp: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x0000000000000000.” Might help? thanks again for taking the time to give me a hand, I really do appreciate it!

That might help the devs, not me :stuck_out_tongue:

It is above my level of comprehension.

Btw, did you upgraded to this build of win10 or it’s a clean install?

@Tusticles It was an upgrade. Haven’t had much issues with it other than this. Also i just noticed a debug file as well in the fivereborn folder. The log reads: “[0710/005525:ERROR:main_delegate.cc(764)] Could not load cef_extensions.pak
[0710/012209:ERROR:main_delegate.cc(764)] Could not load cef_extensions.pak”

Doing a google search comes up with a bunch of steam related issues but I dont own the game on steam?

@Chumplee you can ignore those errors… Btw, did you disabled Game DVR from the xbox app?

@Tusticles yeah, disabled that the day windows 10 released :stuck_out_tongue: but i just double checked to make sure it didnt turn itself back on and yes it’s still off.

Edit: I do use shadowplay though if you think that might be causing an issue?

@Chumplee I really don’t know, try to disable it and report back?

@Tusticles disabled and no luck :frowning:

The windows 10 preview builds have issues with the font renderer which makes those weird bars on your screen. This is being worked on currently.

What country are you in? Asia region?

@Boss He’s in america we have been triying to get this to work for awhile been running out of ideas to tell him to try.

@kanersps I dont care about graphical issues, I just wanna be able to play :stuck_out_tongue: If you have any insight as to why my game isnt launching pls help me out. thanks!

@Boss What he said is correct, im in America. Eastern.

Check if you OS is english, maybe you installed an asian OS incl. US language pack?

Also try to copy your friends cache file and paste it to yours.

@Boss Well I got impatient and decided to just reinstall windows :stuck_out_tongue: that fixed my issue. Just curious what made you think i had a different language pack on? As far as I could tell everything was in English lol Thanks everyone else as well for the help!

@Chumplee Same version of windows?

@Chumplee Currently we have issues with Asian windows installs. Not the language packs but when you install Windows. It makes it impossible to start the game with a Asian windows version. That’s why we asked.

@kanersps Alright well i don’t think that was the case but who knows at this point lol, and yes Tusticles im still on the win 10 preview latest build. Thanks again for all the help :smiley:

@Chumplee do you have any graphical artifacts?

@Tusticles I did at first, it was like purple lines that appeared down my screen but after adjusting my settings i haven’t noticed anything like that. I do have 3 small white lines going across the top of my screen but they arnt really that noticeable.