Download screen

A downloading screen would be nice when joining a server, because for example, if the server has modded cars, and i spawn a car i dont already have, the trainer (and sometimes the whole game) would freeze and result in a crash or bugs when the car spawns 5 minutes after.
The same happens for maps
alt text

Moved to suggestion forums.

I hope you didnt mean, that the Mods will downloading to my PC like in MTA.
Because the waiting for that the Server is downloading to the PC was awfully.
I hope it stays with streaming.

btw. sry for my english :stuck_out_tongue:

@Krox Streaming is kind of downloading. If streaming takes too long you will crash aswell.

@kanersps hm… I only hope, that servers can load Maps, and it also can download player quickly as now.
In MTA you cant make a Vice City Map Server, bcs the downloading would be take to long.

@Krox said in Download screen:

@kanersps hm… I only hope, that servers can load Maps, and it also can download quickly as now.
In MTA you cant make a Vice City Map Server, bcs the downloading would be take to long.

@Krox Servers can already load maps and it works nicely aswell, depends really on sizes and whatnot.

@kanersps said in Download screen:

@Krox Servers can already load maps and it works nicely aswell, depends really on sizes and whatnot.

I want to make a NFS Underground 2 Server.
I have all Models (thanks to 3dripper)
And when OpenIV support Openformats then i´m be able to convert this models to .ydr/.ydt files.
Is this Possible?
In mta the download would be take some hours for Players.
Thats bcs i´m worried about the Map Streaming.

@Krox how about streaming or downloading depending on the object, maps can be streamed, but vehicles and scripts downloaded, and as i can remember, download time in MTA wasnt really that awful, i remember playing it on a 1mb internet connection and download time was 5 min tops so it wasnt bad at all.

now if you were talking about gmod…

@Krox if you convert the models to gta 5s format then it should work fine.

@Actually-a-Frog said in Download screen:

@Krox how about streaming or downloading depending on the object, maps can be streamed, but vehicles and scripts downloaded, and as i can remember, download time in MTA wasnt really that awful, i remember playing it on a 1mb internet connection and download time was 5 min tops so it wasnt bad at all.

now if you were talking about gmod…

I found the download time terrible in MTA.
Of course only on modded servers.

@kanersps said in Download screen:

@Krox if you convert the models to gta 5s format then it should work fine.

Yeah, then i hope it will works fine, when OPENIV realeses Openformats.