Zap hosting is absolutely awfull and overpriced

I’ve ordered a redm server from zap for some personal testing but during the whole month i was never even once able to connect to this server using ftp, for more than a minute. Zap server was constantly disconnecting and of course files where constantly dropping, in the end i just ordered a proper server from a real hosting for 2 euros. When i tried to cancel Zap’s lousy service, Zap required me to pay an extra month which is absolutely crazy, because my current subscription was still not over. Zap provides faulty services and charges you extra for cancellation, which is an absolutelly horrible service and business model which is Illegal in some countries.
p.s. and if I didn’t know what community guidelines are I Would say that zap is sc@m.

Never use Zap.

5 Likes

Well in terms of shared hosting there is only that far where you can go. You must acknowledge that there are multiple other services running in the same box where your service is at. This may or may not cause problems to the quality of your service. Usually in some way it does ensure you some issues. This is quite true also with real life, when you move to a flat, you don’t really know your neighbors before moving in. Currently if this is what you want (to use shared hosting), zap is the only way to go. As CFX.re does not allow anyone else to run these servers in shared hosting fashion. This might be due the fact that CFX.re does not actually own rights to use "FiveM ‘’ as it is trademarked to zaphosting, at least in the EU. Or more likely so it’s easier to get some monetary returns from licensing the hosting to only one hosting provider. But what is the business relationship between CFX.re and zap, we really don’t know. Nor if it’s any consern of end users.

If you have the knowhow, you can easily run your own server in VPS (this is usually nowadays an even cheaper and better solution compared to shared hosting). Forums provide a lot of information on how to get your server running and there is good documentation. Also txAdmin makes it easier than ever. At least you can run your own server, even if every bit of the txAdmin is littered with advertisements of zap. This is something what I personally do not aprove as the txAdmin is now integrated into the server download it self.

Going as far as calling a company a scam, I would not go. They provide their service as is, and currently they don’t have any true competition in terms of other providers, so I would expect this to affect largely negatively to the growth of the service quality. Afterall, in this case, it is what it is, but at least you are free to choose not to use them. IMO I think making your voice heard that the service quality is not up to the par, is something that more people should shout out for. Because that truly is what is echoing out from everywhere.

You should say something along “Zap service is simply awfull” but not describe it as a “scam” because that would mean it is directly scamming people with everything a “scam” implies.

You should send them a ticket and wait for a response, they’ll get to you as quick as possible and you’ll be able to talk with someone from there actually who may be able to solve your problems.

1 Like

Believe me when I say they truly are a scam I put my TeamSpeak for cancellation back in December and it was supposed to cancel last month. they are trying to pin the blame on me when I hadn’t been on since the beginning of January and just got back on in the last couple days. I haven’t had the time to even look at zap in the last month and even looked back at the email and even got a conformation email that the service was going to be deleted in the next 14 days ( email dated January 27, 2022. I just looked at my account recently and it showed an $11.25 USD invoice. So I make a ticket and show them the emails and then it shows the I have a $13.51 USD invoice. Then that is when I started getting pissed off because I knew for a fact that I canceled the service and I am pretty the canceled the cancellation and they are now pinning the blame on me so I pay the invoice because I still have open services. If this isn’t resolved I am taking it up with authorities and reporting there website as fraud.

1 Like

I do believe you when you say they are a scam

1 Like

This is not the experience we want for our users, and I am very sorry to hear that our support could not help you out in this situation.

However there is some misinformation in your post since we do not charge for a cancellation. It seems you have cancelled your product too late which resulted in you being charged for yet another month.
And I also do not understand what you mean when you say, “a business model which is illegal in some countries”.

But we are sorry to hear you experienced issues with us. If you are interested in a quick chat and for us to make it up to you, please get in touch with us by sending us a DM.

I wish you all the best.

ZAP Hosting is one of the worst hosting providers you could choose.
High-prices, low performances, their boss doesnt answer tickets for over 3 moths and it seems like a scam in my experience.

They gladly take your money nad wont provide any information / help even when they give you wrong receipt / tax amount.

That is not only illegal in some country, thats totally illegal in germany.

Stay away from ZAP and their scammy CEO.

Trust me.