Why i am not allowed to encrypt my AntiCheat and publish it here?

Today I was in your forum and saw that my AntiCheat release was set to unlisted and was closed by you. The reason this happened: “Resource is breaking multiple releases and other rules” …

You write that i am not allowed to publish a script that is encrypted …
Now if we think about it … It is not very smart to publish an AntiCheat OPEN SOURCE …
Anyone who is able to write a ModMenu can then see how my AntiCheat works. And what does that mean ??? Right. It means that everyone can bypass my AntiCheat.
You also write that it is forbidden to sell a script. So many people are selling their anticheat for overpriced prices … I followed this rule and offered my anticheat for FREE here in the forum … Your anticheat is useless. There are so many cheaters and they are annoying. They try to destroy our servers, chase away our players and much more. What do these cheaters get out of it? Right. They have none of it, but since your anticheat does not ban this cheaters to 99%, we have to sit on this problem … I volunteered to take an anticheat to make the server secure again. I have installed a GlobalBanSystem in my AntiCheat because the cheaters jump from server to server … Why is a GlobalBanSystem forbidden ??? Our AntiCheat only bans cheaters … There is no function how the players can ban someone. Only servers that are verified by us can ban globally. There is even a function that a server can release a player on his server even though he has a GlobalBan. More and more server owners are switching to another platform because everything is so strict here. If I had sold my AntiCheat like all the other developers I could have made a lot of money but I had respect for you. I followed this one shitty rule because I don’t want to be like everyone else … Now give us a little respect and let’s encrypt our work. If server owners are afraid of an encrypted script, they don’t have to use it. My AntiCheat has such a good rating. I don’t need to write something bad in the code there and then destroy other servers …
I ask you to reconsider the whole thing and maybe put my contribution (AntiCheat) back on the list. This is my post: TigoAntiCheat 3.0 (BETA) | FiveM AntiCheat by PoodFood | VPN & Country Blokker included

sorry for my english ^^ (its google translator hahahahah)

1 Like

It’s great an anticheat effort has been released to the community to which people can contribute however since your recent updates it has changed to something we don’t want, obfuscating your code has not been allowed since the first releases rules and we also don’t want global ban list since they impact the overall gameplay experience for a player.

They still can, it takes 5 minutes to deobfuscate your source files and everyone can see the orginal code. Having them obfuscated however doesn’t contribute the community because nobody can contribute or learn how to block cheats theirself.

All explained in https://docs.fivem.net/docs/support/resource-faq/

1 Like

As already written above, only players are globally banned if they cheat. There is no function for a server owner to ban a player. Of course it can happen that you install my anticheat incorrectly, but for this reason servers have to verify with us only if you want the GlobalBan function. If it is so easy to decipher a code like this, why are the scripts deleted? If people are afraid of such encrypted scripts, they don’t have to use them. instead of blocking all of the encrypted scripts, you can rather block all of the scripts that are being sold. It’s stupid when people post an anticheat OPEN SOURCE …

For your “GlobalBan” feature, I’m sure server owners could “verify” with you and then abuse the system. And with the obfuscated code, no matter how hard or easy it is to de-obfuscate, that still will throw off many, many people if they want to either contribute or learn off of this.

2 Likes

Every server is able to reactivate a player for his server, even if this player has a globalban. If a player receives a GlobalBan from our AntiCheat and he thinks that this is not justified, he can also contact us and we can reverse this ban.

I think this is a good thing for a server defense and for those who don’t understand how to deal with cheaters, and for this global ban system system, if a player is hit by a global ban system on a server, then if he goes to a server that uses TigoAntiCheat then he will be banned globally by TigoAntiCheat but if the server owner feels the person who was banned is innocent, it is very easy to revoke the global ban. even though this is free they give full support to people who have difficulty using this AntiCheat

2 Likes

That’s not solving the issue with ‘vigilante justice’ of ‘implementing a custom “global ban system”’ at all.

In reality, people will be unable to play on a significant amount of servers because of an arbitrary decision made by parties entirely unrelated to the Cfx.re projects (or even the server owners they’re unable to play on!), and will eventually complain to us (and in fact have, for various such ‘anticheats’ including ‘global ban systems’) and harass us for solving things we don’t have any power over, or any way to audit/etc. at all.

Also,

It’s only as useful as the cheats people report and send to us in runnable form. If you all folks have access to cheats, but only use them to ‘develop private anticheats’, of course the built-in anticheat won’t get updated to fix those cheats.

Every cheat reported to us in a runnable form has been added to the ban list within a day of reporting, however lately people have barely been sending anything to us for… whatever reason, and since no cheat developer will sell to ‘omg, FiveM developers’ and it’s not really possible to make a fake-name PayPal account given all the AML/KYC laws, we can’t really go up to cheat developers and buy cheats ourselves, so we rely on community reporting… and if people all buy ‘cheats’ for their own use ‘protecting’ but are too selfish to realize they can solve the issue for everyone by instead sending us a runnable, unactivated copy of a cheat, well, how is that our issue?

It’s not like we don’t reiterate the above point every single time anyone mentions anything about cheat/anticheat/… drama.

Quite the contrary - if it’s a good anticheat, it actually prevents malicious activity server-side, and even ‘knowing how it works’ won’t allow bypassing it.

See ‘security by obscurity’.

3 Likes

The community is sticking together … Just give my contribution free again and it’s done … what’s so difficult about it ??? there are so many that are sold and nothing is done. now i come with a global ban system and an encryption and i am punished. that’s just ridiculous

I think they made a clear and valid point. It will for sure cause issues if a third party has control over global bans. Also msntioning selling scripts. That’s not allowed for legal reasons. The code written in RAGE is copywritten by Rockstar which means you could get in trouble legally for selling it.

I believe they also made a good point when they said that reporting the mod menus to them would solve the issue. I think anti-cheats are important but not important enough to cause issues where the devs of this project have no control over global bans.

Just accept the rules of FiveM, it is an open source community.
All code used for server and client is public available on GitHub to everyone and all resources should do that as well.
A global ban system is something every maker of any AntiCheat already thinks of, because the respect the rules of FiveM nobody every implemented that.
It’s a shame to see my AntiCheat so fucked up.

What is forbidden when I create a globalban? If there is no GlobalBan these stupid cheaters jump from server to server. These cheaters don’t even scare off a whitelist … You first had to register in our forum, then verify your TeamSpeak and then have a whitelist conversation … they do everything to cheat on a server.

Your old AntiCheat has been improved and renewed … It has been equipped with new functions. I don’t know that I destroy your AntiCheat. The TigoAntiCheat Community is just great and we only outweigh the wishes of the users. The AntiCheat has a good rating.

I understand your point but it is NOT your place to determine who shpuld be globally banned. Leave that to the people running FiveM. That’s the issue. You would have control over global bans using your anti-cheat not the people who should actually have control over global bans. Also if someone gets globally banned they would have to find you and your team. That’s ridiculous.

1 Like

We could adapt the ban message and create a website where there is a web interface and users can contact us. There are so many ways to change this but let’s do the globalban. We could give the FiveM team access as well. You can even turn off the GlobalBanSystem in the AntiCheat settings. And as mentioned above, it’s stupid to post an anticheat open source.

Are you sure of that?

We’ve been blocking various ‘sold’ ‘anticheat’ rackets over time. That’s exactly why that ‘resource FAQ’ page was initially written.

And as mentioned above,

3 Likes

If you think that something is not so difficult, why don’t you create something like that? Why don’t you create something like that, just a shitty anticheat ??? Why don’t you come up with the idea to create something like that but just tell us that it is possible to create something like this ???

I agree, a good anti-check doesn’t need to be behind obfuscation, and that is only a temporary solution without giving proper updates. It will also have no ability to tie into true integration, an example would be checking if a player “owns” a weapon server side. You keep track of it properly and you can request/catch the client in the act of spawning one.

1 Like

Don’t forget that it is also possible to provide other clients with weapons, previously this was a possible ban option.
Today I wouldn’t recommend it, since clients can get weapons from an unknown client.

You make a good point there, one way to do it would be to have a timed detection rate. If it only happens to one person within lets say 15 seconds, then issue the ban. However if it happens to multiple people, instead send a discord message/etc. It’s not fullproof, but it’s following the footsteps of patterns people use while hacking.

You could definitely have it auto remove the weapon though.