Whitelist Criteria

Hi. I’m interested in starting a FiveM server for a group of people. Members of this group pay a monthly fee on a Web site. These people are already paying for lots of features on the site plus lots of other stuff that occurs outside of that Web site. I would like to add a FiveM server to the list of those perks, and my FiveM whitelist would be based on the paying members of the group. Is this kind of thing allowed? We will not be increasing the price of their membership, but we want to give them a special place to hang out and goof off by playing on a FiveM server. Thank you.

Paying the members? This seems poorly phrased, do you mean allowing them on the whitelist for a kind of reward of donating?

This seems all fine, however what are you going to do once your server begins gaining popularity? Because once this happens you will be gaining so much money that it will begin to rise above your server payment – you will be gaining a profit – which would not abide the Terms of Service.

When I said, “the paying members,” I meant the members who are paying. All members pay, so I could have also said, “My FiveM whitelist would be based on the members of the group.”
“… you will be gaining a profit – which would not abide the Terms of Service.” The group already exists and generates a nice income. I’m wondering if I can allow these members exclusive access to our server. We don’t intend to make money from the server. Our users already interact a lot on their private Discord server, and we want to give them another place to hang out (and possibly blow each other up).

How would he be gaining profit? It would just mean he has extra left to pay for the following months, it’s not just a one time payment no matter what way you are hosting your server (excluding home hosted, personal server rack etc…)

Server donations are only to be used to cover immediate costs.
Immediate costs = The costs for that month and that month alone

1 Like

Well like he said he wouldn’t be making any money from the server, people are paying for a subscription on his website already, he is asking to add a server with no extra cost.

Scully7402 is correct. So can someone say definitively if whitelisting based on a site membership is allowed?

aslong as you are not making money off of FiveM its fine, you can not profit off of it is all.

@zee , I would appreciate your thoughts again now that I’ve posted more information. All money would come from a membership of a separate Web site, and whitelisting would be based on that membership. But no one would be paying to access the server. They would be paying for the site membership, which includes lots of benefits. Once in the membership, they would also be allowed to join our private Discord server (where they hang out currently) and join our private FiveM server.

This is something i would probably email support@fivem.net about with as much information as possible.

I e-mailed that address days ago and got no response. I did put a message on the FiveM Discord server, where a kind member confirmed that what I’m doing should be fine. But it would be nice to get a response from the staff of FiveM, saying that setting up a whitelist in accordance with the paying users of an established Web site (with its own premium feature set plus its own private Discord server) is OK.

Would you make the money/profit/funds without the FiveM server? If yes, then I don’t see you making a profit from the FiveM server.

Putting the ToS aside, what you’re suggesting is possible.

@JasonO, thank you for your insight. I wish I could get something official, but your logic appears sound to me. Thanks again.