When will custom clothes be free?

I know right now you have to get the $15 patreon but I heard it would be available for free in the future. I would like to know when they will be free, as someone who hosts a small server for me and my friends this would be really cool.

I̶t̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶’̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶k̶e̶p̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶h̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶a̶y̶w̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶e̶s̶e̶e̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶f̶u̶t̶u̶r̶e̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶’̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶’̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶h̶o̶l̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶h̶o̶p̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶.̶ ̶I̶t̶’̶s̶ ̶̶u̶n̶f̶o̶r̶t̶u̶n̶a̶t̶e̶

Apologies for my ignorance, see below :man_facepalming:

You seem to have heard wrong, then.

However, for any server with a slot count of 8 or lower, this feature is available without paying.

1 Like

Colour me pink & pardon my ignorance, I’ve been off-forum for a while and hadn’t realised. Is it as simple as changing your player limit in the server configuration?

For the time being, you need to make all connecting clients use the canary release (in settings), but yes.

1 Like

Ah right, that’s awesome to hear thanks for the info!

Custom clothes don’t seem to be loading in on my test server (hosted on my own pc) Are there any extra steps I need to do?

Have you done this? and changed your player limit to 8 or lower?

Ah never mind, it works now.