What's with the bridge?

Probably not the most pertinent question today, but what’s with the bridge? I join my usual server, its load screen comes up, then around red box flashy time it switches to 3-5 seconds of the PCH bridge near chiliad. Looks junky when the server already has a fine load screen. Where is the off switch?

GTA V version? 1.47
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? Social Club
Windows version? 8.1 Pro (7 Fast, 10 Secure through 2023)
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes
Error screenshot (if any) None
System specifications Intel i7-4790/MSI z97 14GB/GTX 760 2GB/Drivers Up to date Intel i3-3225/Intel HD61CR 8GB/GTX 560 1GB/Drivers Up to date
What did you do to get this issue? Played FiveM
What server did you get this issue on? None/My Favorite
CitizenFX.log file None
.dmp files/report IDs None

Is the issue isolated to just that server, have you tried any others?

I have the same problem except I get stuck in it

This is a new FiveM feature. Its purpose is to add a differentiation point between the game itself loading and the server’s resources loading. Basically if you get stuck on a loading screen, something broke in game loading whereas if you get stuck on that bridge screen, something has broken when loading into the server itself. There is no client option for disabling this although if you are a server owner, you can forcefully disable this in your loading screen resource with a little bit of code and a new manifest entry. (look at this commit for more info)

1 Like

So how exactly did you disable it?

2 Likes

I haven’t done it myself because I don’t mind it but I gave most of the required info in my previous post, you basically force the loading screen to not shutdown automatically with the new manifest entry then shut it down when you’re loaded in. Look at the native reference for the natives you need (tip: search for NUI natives)

…in numbered steps please :slight_smile:

@Jaymo is correct; here’s the non techno version of how to remove it (some assembly required):

Also moved the thread to #general-discussion, since the bridge itself is not any kind of error or bug.

It looks like a bug, as the normal load screen is hijacked, so you can watch GTA V struggle to suddenly draw a purposeless part of the world.

It further serves no purpose in its drawing of the bridge, as it does not speed up game loading time, or the drawing of the world again at the spawn. I suspect it actually slows us down, forcing two world renderings before first player movement instead of one.

It is the junkiest new feature, since your last new feature.

Remember that brief moment of perfect stability, before eye cancer theme homepage, and one stink the RAM hog. I liked that FiveM. Stable, reliable, consistent. And above all no forced features. When you force things on us, you are diminishing what we could be.

I’m not an Element, if you don’t like it, take it up with them, or, better yet, just disable it if you don’t like it.

How do you disable it… exactly. Like a github link please

1 Like

It’s three posts above.

I’ve been there, it vaguely explains to pros the general requirements of how to do it. It does not offer a complete solution. I require a complete solution.

1 Like

You’ll probably need some knowledge of html and js, if you have no idea on how to disable the loadingscreen manually, then you should wait a little while and take a look into the releases section, if you are lucky there’s someone who already made it.

If you want to use your old loading screen anyway then ask the developer, to fix the bridge issue.

Have a nice day!

I’m fluent in 14 languages. js and html, and have written 8 multiplayer servers across most of those languages. But that does not mean I can natively write novel code for an active disaster area such as fivem.

I have checked the top 5 load screens in new releases none are updated. No one seems to know how to do this, except to point at things and dismiss it as a real problem. Can anyone create an updated loadscreen please?

1 Like

keks-loadscreen.zip (304.8 KB)

The original loadscreen i use, a very basic resource. Fix please :slight_smile:

1 Like

There already is an easy way to disable both, maybe you should take the time to search the Forums instead of just complaining and making yourself look like an idiot in front of everyone?

1 Like

How much more unappreciative can you be? You’re fluent in 14 langues so why don’t you go make your own GTA multiplayer framework?

Not to mention the irony of asking for an on/off switch for a feature when there literally is an on/off switch provided for it…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.