What's the Issue with es_extended and essential mode

Actually, I have recently started building my server using es_extended and was working on some Car reskins and other stuff. But today one of my friend’s told me about the issue that there is something like a clash between the original author of es_extended and essential mode. And further that the es_extended dev has released his own standalone framework.

On the other side, the essentialmode dev has made kind of an alternative to es_extended for his base framework. Which is probably this one,

So as a newbie in this stuff, What would you recommend to me… Which one should I choose the one made by first author of es_extended or this one…

Also would there be any scripts incompatibility due to this…

There’s definitely been some clashing. The Essential Mode author claimed a DCMA violation through GitHub against ES_Extended, which caused it to be taken down. I think it’s back up but I’m replying to this on my phone so don’t quote me on that.

I think everything should be “back to normal”? If not you can probably look at some of the older versions on each repo to try and get it figured out. From what I understand the master branch of ES_Extended is kinda a mess right now… But they’re working on it

1 Like