Whats going on?

I am in like 10 fivem servers and they are all talking about fivem being hacked? they all even turned off their servers. People are like, freaking out

Sounds like you need to stop believing other people

I think there was a javascript attack, but I believe it’s been fixed and you need to download the latest version.

A basic explanation of what happened is people when they opened fivem up their browsers would be spammed with random youtube tabs.

I believe the issue has been fixed

FiveM opens a yt video 10 times when starting up - FiveM Discussion - Cfx.re Community

and the moderator who replied is the one who said it was fixed, so hope that explains it.

Apparently the developers though it’d be funny, news flash, it isn’t funny.

it was caused by a fivem dev, apparently…

There was probably some code injection or something, FiveM opened a crapton of youtube videos. Seems like it was nothing too harmful, but the fact it happened does not spread trust towards the safety of using the platform.

in the fivem discord apparently a fivem dev decided to prank the community, it pissed me off when i found that out

So nothing got “hacked” neither XSS

1 Like

People on the fivem discord are saying it was a “prank” that a dev did

If the devs do it as a joke, it would be appreciatable if they posted some public “HA HA, GOT U” announcement… and rather sooner than later…

In just for laughs gags they always point towards the hidden camera, revealing the victims that it was a prank. If you don’t reveal that prank was a prank, then it is malicious crap and not a prank.

Could you please sendme the Invite for FiveM Discord? Tks.

I went ahead and Googled that for you.

just dont think about it xd

I don’t think the FiveM support team nor Development team appreciated that type of behaviour, also sometimes it’s a healthier and better option not to blow something out of proportion

1 Like