What server to use to host fiveM?

Hello,

I was wondering what server to host FiveM? A dedi with a 6700k+ or Xeons? Or a simple vps?

For non OneSync a simple VPS is fine. There’s not a lot of computation going on. I/O and network bandwidth performance is the most important in that case

Ok well this is where I am confused. I currently have a server from OVH a dedi with i7 6700k and there is desync with just 2 people on. Hit warning at 500ms, I have gone through and basically disabled almost everything and still get a hitwarning around 100-200ms, I have also used resmon 1 to help. Idk if it is the server or …

1 Like

Most likely resource related. Hitch warnings indicate a script locking itself.

Public resources are notorious for their badly written MySQL queries and database setup. Search on the forum for “Speeding up your server windows 101”

I see, so basically just disable every resource until the hitch warning goes away? If so I’ll do it again I guess :confused:

these are my server specs just incase: Intel i7-6700K
4c/8t - 4GHz /4.2GHz
32GB DDR4 2133 MHz
SoftRaid 2x480GB SSD

• SoftRaid 1x4TB SATA
    500 Mbps bandwidth
    vRack: not included

edit:

hitch warning frame time is the full error btw only comes up once at start up

If it just occurs at the start then don’t worry about it. It’s normal that you get a little bit of hitch warnings when scripts initialize

Yeah but then why are people lagging on my server?

I have tons of resources and what not, pretty robust dedi but people lag. I don’t get it :/…idk if I should just switch to a vps?

(People will be driving then suddenly crash and teleport)

Zap-Hosting is the official partner of FiveM, you could try switching to them.

Probably because of unoptimized resources. Looks like you didn’t search for what I said earlier this morning so I’ll link it.

Run an ETW trace to find out which resources are causing the lags server side. This will show you the source of the hitch warnings during gameplay.

Client side open the resource monitor by entering resmon 1 in your F8 console. All resources added up should have a latency of max. 4ms.

Edit: Switching to ZAP hosting will not solve your issue.

I did research and nothing makes sense.

1. Hitch warning comes up once and you said that shouldn’t be a problem, I also saw this in another post.
  2. If a resource is causing issues it should raise a hitch warning.
  3. no slow query warnings from mysql.
  4. Longest task on ETW is 39ms, well under 50ms.
  5. Everything under CPUMSEC is under 4ms…

So Idk maybe I did no research and looked up the wrong stuff.

Having the same issues, also some slow query warnings at times though.
ESX based server, also tried to increase citizen.wait() times a bit, but doesnt seem to help.

Wish there was a built in server tool telling exactly which script was locking up, as i have also tried disabling scripts 1 by one, does not seem to help me figure out which one(s) causing it.