What is Area of Patrol and how it works?

Hello guys, I’m an italian dude that has known
FiveM thanks to DOJ’s videos, some months ago, when I had not a gaming pc to play FiveM

Then, when i get it, I’ve searched in my country a similar server but… there isn’t. So i wanted to create the first italian server based on RP with police and not only using plugins but also with the /me command

Now, after 1 month from the opening, i want to accellerate the process and i was studing the “area of patrol” thing

I’ve searched the entire website but i didn’t find nothing. My questions are

• What is the Area Of Patrol?
  • When it was invented and why?
  • How it works?
  • What happens to Los Santos services (such as the LSPD) when the aop is outside?
  • Does it works differently from server to server, or every server uses the same method?

Thanks to hall that will answer my questions :slight_smile:

1. Where people will “roleplay” on a server
  2. No clue when. Because some server owners are just…
  3. They might say AOP is ___ and basically, if you want to rp, you go there. Some servers might kick/ban you if you don’t!
  4. Depends on the server.
  5. Each server does it how they feel/want.
1 Like

Thanks for your reply. Can you give me some example of the 4th question? Because in my own server I’ve got 3 department, LSPD, BCSO and SAHP, and i don’t know what to do when i will update the area of patrol

Well… If you update it to I guess, Sandy Shores, you get everyone on the server to the Area you want it. If people don’t feel free to kick them or whatever. There’s scripts for it and such too. For depts, you can either have them go civ or just patrol as normal.