What host provider to use?

Hello! I am currently using Zap-Hosting but for some reason my server keeps getting random split-server glitches where my friends will go into these ghost lobbies so I am going to try switching hosts as Zap-Hosting is completely useless when it comes to support. So what do you use and how much is it normally?

Depends on your country of origin and what hosts are around you. Just google vps hosts and shop around to get a good deal.

Dont fall for the standard “gaming” ones because they are just over priced.

I personally either self-host or use DigitalOcean, the latter for things where I expect to have more than myself and 2-3 others. DO starts at 5$ p/mo (might not be the best for all servers).

I would definitely pick a provider that fits your needs, within the same country or neighbouring countries.
As Twittchter said, don’t fall for ‘dedicated gaming servers’, they’re just pooply overpriced.

I’m running a server for players within Belgium, and The Netherlands. Our server is located in Rotterdam, The Netherlands, which places it somewhat in the center of all of our players.

1 Like

I’m just not exactly sure where to find vps and hosters. Some of the websites I’ve got on just look a bit too sketchy.

Where is your server based // where are most of your players from? I could do some research for you.

I had my server based in Dallas as it was near or close to everyone that played. But anywhere near the East Coast would be perfect.