Weird VSync behaviour

After a update on 04/21/2020 the VSync option is no longer working properly. I have reported this on Discord when the update arrived on Canary, but i guess here is better to report those things.

Normally i use Half mode to limit my FPS at 30, but currently it’s simply not working at all, going throw +60FPS, which causes a insane CPU usage on my PC.

UPDATE 03/01/2021: VSync is now working, but the Half mode is “working” with a wrong behaviour. See my next comment to get further details!

Everything reported above was exclusive to Windows 8.1, i guess

Some new informations about that (seems something has changed the previous behaviour recently and i only noticed today):

The VSync option is now “working”, but the Half mode is definitely not working properly:

1. Turned on (no Half mode), it’s lock my FPS at 60 fine.
  2. In Half mode, it will lock my FPS based on where i’m looking, for example:
  • If i’m looking to the sky, or to the ground, it locks at 30FPS, but when i’m looking at the city, the lock drops to 20FPS.

This don’t make any sense in my head, really, but i hope it can give some headups to someone look into it.

Yeah, i’m here again to develop this even further.

After migrating to Windows 10, everything was just fine. So i can confirm everything i reported above was exclusive to Windows 8.1.
BUT, now i’m facing these inconsistencies again after changing my monitor to one with 144FPS cap.
The normal VSync is capping my FPS to 144 as expected, but the Half option is still completely inconsistent.
Sometimes its caps my FPS to 50, 52, 40, 30, 60. Everytime i move my camera the cap changes. The Half option should cap my game at 72, i suppose, and obviously should not change the cap according to where i’m looking at.

I’m currently using a NVIDIA GTX 1060. Maybe there’s something wrong in their drivers or even with default GTA5 VSync behaviour?
I tried capping the game using NVIDIA Control Panel, but it doesnt affect the game in any way.