[solved] vps hosting

just buy something in OVHcloud or elsewhere, or just get scammed with dedicated servers

1 Like

What on God’s earth are you installing that will take up this much space? I can nearly guarantee that no one will sit at the loading screen for an hour while waiting to download that amount of resources.

Getting back to the question, a little more ram would probably help, say 4GB.

Their cheapest offering would work perfectly for you even with 32 players.

You don’t download resources on load screen, it’s only when you stream them. Besides, 3GB is nothing. I manage large production FiveM servers that are 3 and 7 times that. Most community servers are big and they happen to operate perfectly

Anything that needs to run on the client, such as scripts, car model and texture dictionaries, must be downloaded to the client, inherently, at once point or another. Streaming models and texture dictionaries are a bit different in that it’s done once you’re already in the game, but everything else is done at the load screen; you can watch it download things to your PC: it tells you the resource name and how much of it is downloaded. Admittedly, my statement was not entirely accurate, so I’ll rephrase it: “No one wants to sit around and wait from GBs of files to download; not on the loading screen, and not in-game.”

no

So you’re trying to tell me you run production servers with 21 GB of streamed assets (using your own logic regarding how downloading works): the same size as all of Team Fortress 2; double the size of Portal 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Borderland 2, and Garrys Mod; half as large as Arma 3; and 1/4 the size of stock GTA V? Right… By my calculations, on my 15 Mbit/s connection, it would take me around 3 hours to download all your streamed assets; I think I speak for the majority when I say “no thanks”. I would suggest cutting down where you can, such as lowering the resolution of vehicle textures.

You are right, however, you are assuming it will all be done at once and that people will leave because of in which case you are wrong. People will wait those few seconds to spawn into a add-on vehicle for the first time. If it wasn’t the case, then the majority of popular RP servers would be gone.

For vehicles, yes, which is mainly streamed. While in loading screen, you don’t download the entire vehicles but you download some information about the resource which is usually quick. That is why attempting to spawn a addon vehicle for the first time, it takes a few seconds depending on your connection because you are downloading the whole vehicle. Once that is complete, it is cached and it takes milliseconds to spawn it back.

Again, you are assuming people are downloading everything all at once and that simply is not the case. My server is 20GB in size and the first time you join, all resources are only a couple megabytes because you are not downloading the entire resources. A 40MB map will be the most you would have to download on load screen and the other 210 resources are quick. It’s when you load each and every vehicle in for the first time individually might take at most 30 seconds with your internet. Not everyone will be spawning in all of the vehicles at one time. Same applies to EUP, 500MB of uniforms but you only download them once you try to spawn one in or someone else is using it. If people said “no thanks” to that, say goodbye to EUP and many Patrons.

So guys can i buy the cheapest offert? maybe for 20 slots even. Just asking, do i need linux or smth like this? If not, give me a tutorial please

Cheapest offer would be good even for 32 slots. I would use Ubuntu 18.04. It will be a learning experience if you haven’t used Ubuntu Server before. Here is a tutorial, [FX-Server][Tutorial] How To Setup FX-Server On Linux - From Start To Finish

Maybe this one? image

Sorry for polish, , bez limitu’’ is ,without limite’’. Server ROOT

That would work too

I dont know how to use… i have VPS on OVHCloud