Voicechat

hey guys,

i want to create a local voice chat to speak with peoples near you, whats the callbacks for this?

@Developer

There are a bit of finnicky ways but this isn’t fully possible.

@kanersps Are you aware if there is a “set voice chat volume (player, volume)” function ?

@kanersps i want only a function to speak with peoples in my range for best roleplay feeling :frowning:

1 Like

@m4a_X said in Voicechat:

@kanersps i want only a function to speak with peoples in my range for best roleplay feeling :frowning:

That won’t happen right now.

Hey guys, I come from the Project Reality community (I run the =DRK= Drakelings community) and we actually have experience developing for Mumble 3D positional VOIP. We’ve actually created 3D positional VOIP for unsupported games from scratch, and as long as you’re able to export player positional data (which I can’t imagine not being possible with FiveReborn… since without knowing player positional data I don’t know how FiveReborn servers would be possible in the first place.)

However… we have a lot of development resources and experience creating things like this. With some help, I think it would be pretty reasonable to build a Mumble integration for GTAV. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if it already exists somewhere.

Here’s an example of our Mumble integration with Battlefield 1942. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNU0-lN_nXs

1 Like

Actually to take this further, here’s a tutorial on how to create positional audio support for any game:
http://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/HackPositionalAudio

Here’s actually a plugin for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas that already exists, might be able to learn from that
https://github.com/Whitetigerswt/gtasa_mumble_plugin

Hi there
I just created an account to bump this topic. please add mumble support for fivereborn.
Players could talk to each other like they were actually there, because the audio would be positional. you could drive cars around and talk to people, taunt them ETC.

Just imagine how awesome that would be

@mirandus Currently not a priority,

@kanersps thanks for all the good work and making fivereborn hope to see mumble support someday. I know many communities want that feature so badly

@mirandus

Hey Mirandus, register on our forums and join our Discord <3 we’ll be working on a Mumble integration for GTAV. No need to bug the developers =P I think we all want them focusing on the core aspects of FiveReborn. If you want to follow our Mumble plugin development, start here! ► http://www.bluedrake42.com/

@Bluedrake42 said in Voicechat:

However… we have a lot of development resources and experience creating things like this. With some help, I think it would be pretty reasonable to build a Mumble integration for GTAV. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if it already exists somewhere.

CitizenFX already had a voip:mumble component which was intended for use with an embedded Mumble server and implemented a game-integrated client, although at its latest state of development it only supported transmitting WASAPI audio (with bad latency handling) over UDP tunneling.

For the representative code from the time, see this package.

Of course, a Link plugin would be a lot easier to implement, even supporting contexts and whatnot for usage with Link on a separate Mumble client.

1 Like

Hi,

i know its an old thread, but of all the voip thread the best one. I just wanted to ask if there are any news on VOIP Integrations at all (Mumble, Teamspeak)? I would love to see a voice implementation :slight_smile:

wow, you did dig up an old topic.
Currently there are scripts that use the default in-game chat and limit the range you can be heard from. To my knowledge, no external voice provider integrations have been created.

Hi KennethDev,

yes its quite an old topic but it was the one with usefull information in it.
Could you give me an example of the scripts you mean?

Cheers

Somewhat barebones, but here: Proximity Voice Chat

1 Like

I dont need to integrate a 3rd party program, All i want is voip to be a little louder in-game.