vMenu

I appreciate everyone trying to share tips. I just want to prevent people doing the exact opposite that’s documented :wink: because sooner or later, they’ll come crying to me that it’s not working because they “followed some random tutorial or unofficial instructions”.

What exactly is unclear about the documentation? As far as I can tell, I’ve explained and given examples for pretty much every scenario possible. Yet some people don’t seem to understand a word of it. So I wonder if I forgot something.

1 Like

I don’t think you forgot something, it’s just dependent on the person interpreting them, so some will understand it 100% but others will take a bit more time until they can fully grasp it. I will try to go back and figure some stuff out this week however.

I have a issue with vMenu that I cannot find an answer too. I have a Zap hosted FiveM server and I use the in game admin command and type “/vmenuclient” and is says vMenu i running but nothing happens when i hit the M key. I have tried to change the key to something else and it still does nothing. When i talk to support they can open it fine. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times. Has anyone heard of this before?

@Vespura Hey mate, thanks for this resource.
I recently got into FiveM to have some fun with some friends and I’m using vMenu for my “home” server.

As I can see you cannot enforce option values, it would be cool to have this.

To go around the last I just recompile from the source and “hardcode” what I want by default but it doesn’t feels right, eh?

@Vespura do you maybe know how I can disable the Player appearance tab without disabling the mp ped customization tab too? Because I tried to mess in the permissions with it but always when I disable the player appearance tab it also disables the mp ped customization tab even though they are 2 different tabs in the menu I think that maybe “vMenu.PlayerAppearance.Customize” in the permissions is also including the mp ped customization if that’s the case is there maybe a way to seperate them? Thanks in advance for your help and also thanks for the menu it’s great

Hello!! I’m having a problem with vMenus Voice chat as it blocks esx_voice. I tried to comment out the section in perimisions.cfg, also updated to the latest version of vMenu but the voice chat remains there. Please help.

EDIT

Seems like vMenu is the only voice chat that works, any other like esx_voice will not work. I tried removing vMenu, installing new voice chat scripts, still nothing. What makes it weird is that vMenu’s voice works. Any idea?

I have done everything possible to get permissions working. I’ve read all the guides at least 5 times, I’ve tried everything possible. Can someone PLEASE help me!

It doesn’t feel right, because user preference is something that’s different for everyone and shouldn’t be touched by someone other than the user themselves. Of course it shouldn’t feel right to change the preference of the user without their consent. It’s exactly why I didn’t make this a thing, because user preference is exactly what it sounds like user preference. It’s not something that needs to be forced by the server owner.

comment out all the stuff about voice in the permissions.cfg and it should prevent vMenu from interfering with esx_voice. Also you might want to make sure you have your server utilizing onesync so that you can take advantage of mumble for voice. I would ditch esx_voice altogether however and go with mumble_voip instead (there’s a nice resource that acts like that other one with the other server for voice that starts with a to and ends with a kovoip) and that is what I use.

Everything about voice is commented out but voice options of vMenu still exist. That’s the weird part.

yeah i understand that aren’t many survivalist servers but if there’s is an option to save vehicles why not improve it? it was just a suggestion , i have also seen a lot of people crying that the garage they are using are not saving the mods of the cars, but the awesome vMenu does :slight_smile: one more reason for them to use vMenu

also about the command server side to add i’m no dev idk what you ask me to do xD
but yeah its been an issue i even tried vSyncR and simpleSync and even a code to setartificiallights off and nothing worked unless i turn vMenu off even setblackout true works if i turn vMenu off
thanks for the reply

I’m not talking about “user preference” or “consent”, here I’m just not giving them the option at all, it’s just about how the server developer wants the server to work.
An example, let’s say it’s a server for racing only and I don’t want players to die, I wish to enforce god mode on them, get the idea? Or maybe enforce “Engine Torque Multiplier” for an specific value under certain conditions without having to code it myself by just changing that “vMenu option” for that player with one single line of code.
It would be easier if vMenu had a way to do it instead of having to hardcode it.

I got a Problem with the vMenu. When i start my Server and looking in the consol it comes this Error

Failed to load script vMenuServer.net.dll. How can i fix it, i want to release a Car, without weapons on their, but i must be tune it.

@Vespura If you know it, then pls help me

Yeah I get your point, however that’s not supported for the same ish reason as above. Anyway, you can solve this by removing the permission for it in vMenu, and then creating a custom script to do the things you want without vMenu interfering.

read the docs and update your server.

OK i made an new Localhost server, and now it works

Yeah, gonna’ have to do that.
Unless one day vMenu has an export for each functionality without having to recode (or copy paste?) each one :eyes:

Is there a way that I can add categories to my addon vehicles? For example a BCSO category, EMS category, etc?

You would have to modify vMenu source code to add them in then recompile it, if I am not mistaken

1 Like

Anyone know why when a player edits their character using mppeds they fall through the floor?

cheers in advance