vMenu

I’m sorry to seem dense but it seems the players are unable to keep the boxes unchecked on the two settings.

The tester said:

I unchecked the restore player appearance and it still reverted my clothing to the previous outfit.
so I unchecked them both and it still reverted.

Also each time I relogged it Re-checks the boxes i uncheck >.<

In my permissions.cfg, I’ve got:

setr vmenu_disable_spawning_as_default_character false

Restore player appearance is only mentioned in the Misc permissions and the admin have the whole category available to them:

add_ace group.admin “vMenu.MiscSettings.All” allow

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong that his settings are reverting on logging and rejoining.

Any help with resolving this would be greatly appreciated!

does this even happen with vMenu disabled at all? Since you said this happened after some esx change?

It does not occur with it disabled and I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear, ESX was not changed. I updated vMenu from 1.4 to 2.2 when we began to notice this issue. Something I’ve done is wrong because unchecking the boxes and relogging just results in the boxes being checked again once logged back in.

for almost all settings you need to hit ‘save preferences’ in the misc settings menu.

Ah, I bet that’s it! I’ll pass it on and update if I still have a problem. Thanks so much for your help!

FOR PEOPLE STRUGGLING

I noticed there are many servers where there perms our completely out of wack.
So i spent the last 45 mins setting up a permission cfg for RP servers. vMenu was not made for RP servers it was made as a FiveM trainer. I have configured it to be perfect (in my opinion) for RP servers.

Now before I explain anymore “I am only posting this because I have seen/heard way to many comments about vmenu being difficult, The real problem is people dont read the damn docs vespura made.” I really suggest that if your using this, go and read the docs and do it his way. Try to learn something, The best part about development is learning new things.

DISCLAIMER: You must install vMenu first just like any other resource. :neutral_face:

How TO SETUP:

• After you have installed vmenu.
  • Drag and drop permissions.cfg in the same folder as your server.cfg.
  • Open your server cfg and paste the following anywhere you would like.
    exec permissions.cfg

HOW TO ADD ADMINS:

• First you will need their hex id. (Dont know how click me).
  • Go to line 31 and paste the following.
    add_principal identifier.steam: PLACE_STEAM_HEX_HERE group.admin
  • To add more admins just repeat this.

HOW TO ADD MODS:

• First you will need their hex id. (Dont know how click me).
  • Go to line 35 and post the following.
    add_principal identifier.steam: PLACE_STEAM_HEX_HERE group.moderator
  • To add more mods just repeat this.

DETAILS:
Right now like I said its set up for RP servers.
meaning it is set up to replace a “Lambda menu server”.
(In order to not make this a massive comment please read the readme.md for the details.)

permissions.cfg (18.5 KB)

vmenu_readme.md (1.2 KB)

I hope this helped at least one person.

2 Likes

@Apollo0604 I appreciate it, however please keep the name permissions.cfg, because otherwise people that have read the docs will most likely get confused because there’s no vmenu.cfg…

Also, I recommend keeping the comments about the convar options from the default permissions.cfg, because currently there’s no way of knowing what it each option does. Besides, some config options are changed from their default value/purpose, why exactly? Some of the changes don’t make sense even for rp servers.

In fact I’ve removed the config file from your post until some things are fixed. You’re using deny which you shouldn’t ever use to deny permissions at all. That’s the absolute worst way of denying things.

I understand what your saying about the file name. The convar comments were never removed its just a new file which I set each permission by hand, I felt since its a pre-made drag and drop permission file there was no need for your helpful information… What do you mean deny is the worst way of denying perms as far as I know its the most simple and user friendly way to do so (which is the whole reason I made this comment was to make vMenu user friendly since to some people the docs are confusing). At the end of the day its your post so you can do what you would like. As far as using deny to deny groups from using certain options what would you suggest would be better? Based off the docs you said to just comment it out, which as far as i know does the same as deny?

1 Like

The whole issue with deny is that it denies it for everyone, if you deny it for moderators, admins won’t be able to use it either because it’ll be forced deny. Just leave out the line all together and it will be “unset” which denies it by default but still allowing you to override (allow) it with another group.

Also, what parts of the docs are confusing? I’m always up for improving parts that are most confusing to people.

And about the convars, you manually set them, that’s fine, but there are some things that I wouldn’t like to see configured by default the way you set them, so please leave most of them like they are by default, and instead just copy the comments so people can decide what they want to use it for.

I saw in a server that uses vMenu, they restricted the option for certain EMS upgrades. How might I go about doing that?

you can’t do that, they must’ve edited the source code which is not supported.

Well darn. Do you think that one day it may be an option?

Nope, none of the vehicle mods can have custom permissions as they’re all dynamically generated. front bumpers may be mod ID x on one car, but it could be fenders an another. There’s no way without hardcoding this for every single vehicle that this will be a thing. ever.

And since most people who edit vMenu don’t bother with public forks and sharing edits, this probably will stay on that server only because of the selfish devs.

Understandable. Well thank you for taking time to explain everything and I appreciate it.

how do i make my configs work

By reading the docs. And without providing such config we can’t even help you.

Bind keys | Shortcut keybinds, so we could able to bind any key to any option.

Can you elaborate on that? I’m not quite sure what you mean with “any option”, would this be the controls for the menu navigation? Or things like teleport to waypoint (which already exists) shortcuts?

Yes, like shortcuts. For example I would like to bind Ctrl + V to Both Camera Locks [Vertical & Horizontal]

I cant seem to get the V-Menu to bind to ‘F1’ It will always open with ‘M’. In the permission.cfg, line 16 “setr vmenu_menu_toggle_key 288” (F1)

If I can get some help with this, thank you!