Virtual / Physical Memory for Assets

Hey Guys,

New server builds have introduced some nice checks, but I still don’t know how much virtual/physical memory is considered OK for assets. Anyone has any idea?

Asset goldwing/goldwing.yft uses 16.3 MiB of virtual memory. - is this informational?

a8lw12.ytd uses 62.0 MiB of physical memory. Oversized assets can and WILL lead to streaming issues (models not loading/rendering, commonly known as ‘texture loss’, ‘city bug’ or ‘streaming isn’t great’) - is this wrong and if yes, what values (I guess in MiBs) are considered normal?

Thanks a lot!!!

3 Likes

Around what an equivalent asset type R* made uses in “strmem” on the client.

Thank you very much, sir.

To fix your Oversized assets you can follow this guide (bring any asset under 16MiB:

@TigoDEV Same error is happening with less than 48mb used by physical memory,
so your tutorial does not solve the issue.

“Asset p1/p1.ytd uses 34.0 MiB of physical memory”

Maybe this is the real solution?
“the texture size should be no larger than 1024x1024”

@naoestu What my message said is fixing Oversized assets

Asset p1/p1.ytd uses 34.0 MiB of physical memory

If you want to get the message gone, you should make the asset under 16.00 MiB of physical memory.

Sze Description Message Color
< 16.00 MiB Best for FiveM and won’t show you a message None
< 32.00 MiB Your almost there, try to get it under 16.00 MiB Blue
< 48.00 MiB Your asset is big, but isn’t responable for your texture losses Yellow
> 64.00 MiB This asset isn’t fivem optimized and should be fixed or replaced Red

If you don’t want to get a message, you should bring your assets under 16MB

In my tutorial I used a 166.00 MiB physical memory vehicle and after “fixing” it was under 11.00 MiB physical memory and those messages were then gone.

2 Likes

yeah you’re right buddy, i misunderstood.
I already solved the “physical memory” message with your tutorial :wink:
The current problem is different:
"Could not make hard link for /home/testserver/FXServer/server-data/resources//[cars]/p1/stream//p1.yft <-> /home/testserver/FXServer/server-data/cache/files/p1/stream_cache/z21c224f3b799a6881e285b24095c9c7762fd8091.
Asset p1/p1_hi.yft uses 23.8 MiB of virtual memory.
Asset p1/p1_hi.yft uses 23.8 MiB of virtual memory.

do you know how solve it?

Hey, I know this is a bit late but I hope you can help me.
I’m having trouble with it.
When I started the server I checked the YTD files and they’re all was below 16Mb but the console shows different.
I used splitting but that has nothing to do about it because I succeeded in getting them below 16Mb.
I’ve posted about it and It would be really awesome if you could help me there.