Very odd linux Port issue

So here is a solution, though not an ideal one:

I booted up a d------- oc---- droplet with CentOS on it. It worked immediately, jsut fine.

Seems Ubuntu16 has some silly behavior that we are yet to figure out. For those spending countless unsuccessful hours trying to get Ubuntu working to no avail, and you see the same symptoms as I do, and can make the switch, use another flavor like CentOS.

I use CentOS too without a problem which is why I was thinking itā€™s something apparmor or selinux related but you didnā€™t see any rejections in syslog. tbh I canā€™t stand Ubuntu.

Yes, itā€™s been reported multiple times that the default ufw configuration somehow sets some rules that donā€™t play well with the perfectly normal libuv usage in FXS.

He added firewall rules that should have negated that though.

Except it has also been noted that even allowing using the ufw tooling does not have the desired effect.

Donā€™t follow but honestly interestedā€¦ AFAIK ufw is a glorified wrapper around iptables much like the other abomination that is firewalld. Or do they enable some other modules? Granted itā€™s possible they were not applied correctly. Manually adding the rules I gave above should have given them preference in netfilter. Tempted to install ubuntu just to see how bad they managed to make this.

Well technically i do not need a firewall on my system so I could just remove ufw although the issue still occurs when ufw is disabledā€¦ I think its not related to ufw but maybe selinux or some thing in selinuxā€¦

Maybe when they went to policyd or systemd or what ever changes they recently made that i canā€™t remember because i build my systems every 5 years or soā€¦

I did everything that was advised in your topic and nested(iptables), in the end it was necessary to open upd through the ip provider settings and voila everything works

Check yours provider settings

I just change ip to my lan 192.168.0.*** for my test server and working.