[Discontinued][FREE] Tornado Script V1 Final

Not entirely sure, It seems to work for most people

Glad to see you like it more updates are to come hopefully with some fixes

New update

Version 2.1.3
Changelog: Added some code so it activates the EAS script Emergency Alert System (a.k.a Ear Assault System) by @LGDevelopment

Download: Tornado Script V2.1.3 EAS Version.zip (630.3 KB)

To configure it make sure you add this to the server_config.lua in your EAS resource

NWS   = {

name = "National Weather Service"

}

so in the end it should look like:

Config = {}
Config.EAS = {}
Config.EAS.Departments = {
    LSPD    = {

name = "Los Santos Police Department"

},

LSSD    = {

name = "Los Santos Sheriff's Department"

},

USGVT   = {

name = "United States Government"

},

NWS   = {

name = "National Weather Service"

}
}
Config.EAS.admins = 
{
    'steam:yoursteamhex',
}

or just download this config file and replace the other one inside of your EAS resource folder
server_config.lua (438 Bytes)

SEE OP for the same info

The EAS works, the siren works… But unfortunately no tornado.

correction, I found the tornado… It just spawns in the same spot everytime. I can be in Paleto Bay and it spawns in North LS

I have noticed this once, I was fooling around in my server by paleto bay in a giant military airplane and he spotted something very far in the ocean, so I flew towards it and it was the tornado outside of the map (Had to turn veh godmode and player godmode on to get to it.) I restarted the script and it seems to work fine afterwards this is an issue I am trying to resolve

so to help you can you start by doing /ensure <resource> = the resource you named when you put it in.

It is an awesome script, for sure and I for one appreciate all the work you have put into it. Also I appreciate your response. But, I just wanted you to know that no matter where I am in the server, the tornado spawns right in this area every single time. Unless I do /ensure Tornado, then summon the tornado-- doing this spawns it near me. Keep up the good work!

Alright, I’m looking into it.

Curious; is this script stable for server use? I have a server with around 40+ people on a day and wanting to use this script. I am just curious if the script is ready for massive player count usage.

Thanks!

You can actually extend the duration at which the sirens go for by editing the .ogg sound file in audacity and just doubling it.

Otherwise, it would be nice if there were multiple siren files with different lengths, and that we could configure this in a config file.

This is so cool. Me and a friend have been wanting something like this for years. I can only seem to get the tornado to spawn in Los Santos. I’m using ensure and not start. Anyone else having this issue? Also are there any other commands other than /Tornado summon and /Tornado delete?

Just copy the Tornado folder into your resources, then put ensure Tornado in your server config file. Then place add_ace group.admin rhys19.tornado allow in your server config as well, where your other permissions are.

Not sure why people don’t respond to people asking for help.

Well guess what that was my next project is the config file

I don’t think permissions are actually working yet.
I don’t have the aces configured as of yet

is this script gonna do frames drops??

I haven’t experienced any, however I am trying to boost any frames I can with this script.

Nice! and ahh, okay.

I actually put this script into my closed beta server to test it out without telling a friend of mine. As we were playing, i just randomly started it up lmao. Made for a good time.

Anyway this script is awesome. Nothing like seeing a tornado shred through the city.

Is it intentional that the tornado quickly move away from players if they get within a few feet? Kind of ruins the point.

It’s not supposed to, it just moves around randomly but i’ll look into it

Why am I getting this when entering the command?

Your typing it in the server console not ingame :man_facepalming:

And your supposed to do /tornado summon to summon it and /tornado delete to delete it

still loving this script. cant wait to see more done with it :smiley: