[Discontinued][FREE] Tornado Script V1 Final

Your typing the wrong command if you’d read the comments or Description it says you need to do /tornado summon to spawn it and tornado delete to delete it

An update is coming soon I promise just family issues has gotten in the way. My mother was on hospice but she’s doing better hopefully soon I can get back to my usual coding everyday habit.

I’m hoping to have some kind of update towards the end of July maybe

4 Likes

Any Way to Make so I will Remove Discord ace perms and just add groups such as Group.NWS or something

there is no so called “Discord perms” in this script if any permissions are built in it should be ace permissions

1 Like

Eagerly waiting for the next update :star_struck: I have a question too. Players are not getting any damage while getting carried by the tornado. How do I change that ?

@rhys19 Any updates regarding newer version ?

not atm but I am merging the beta version into release

2 Likes

Update 2.1.3:

Merged beta into a release

I know it’s been awhile but I’ve successfully tested the beta and have found it stable to merge it into the releases so here we are! update 2.1.3!

This update includes:

• A new version checker that works!
  • Tornado Sirens
  • EAS System see OP(Original post) for configuration
  • Several sync issues fixed!

to download this update

Source Code
Direct Download

1 Like

when i download the update it says its outdated and is version 1.0.4 even though the download page shows v2.1.3

releasing a new update to fix that issue

1 Like

Update 2.1.4 is out! Fixing ace permissions & the version checker

1 Like

I don’t hear any sirens when I summon it.

It’s broken just replace the siren event with an Interact Sound server event.

rhys19, you are either very young or stealing glitchdetector’s script.
This thread’s all over the place with apologies and V3!!! announcements that it hurts. I’ve checked your GitHub commits and I’ve got to say it looks like I’m following a tutorial along with you.

You are adding things without a goal in mind, things that mostly don’t work, like one of the things you spent the most time on according to Github, the version checker. If anything all you did was remove the random weather script in the original and throw your name all over it.

Is V3 still a thing since you’ve released updates since the announcement?

I’m willing to give you an apology in the event I downloaded an older script or something because I am shooketh. Maybe I don’t know how to use GitHub correctly, either way I see the vision if you can or have optimized and sync’d this tornado.

EDIT: Here I am feeling bad thinking I was harsh on you and then while I’m gutting your script to actually improve it I saw this

RegisterServerEvent("tornado:delete2")
AddEventHandler("tornado:delete2", function()
    IsTornadoActive = false
    TriggerClientEvent("tornado:delete", -1)
    print("^2[NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE] ^0The Tornado has now went back into the clouds!")
end)

RegisterServerEvent("tornado:delete")
AddEventHandler("tornado:delete", function()
    IsTornadoActive = false
    TriggerClientEvent("tornado:delete", -1)
end)

And of course the only use of delete2 is…

local Item2 = NativeUI.CreateItem("Delete Tornado", "~y~Deletes the tornado! ~r~(All tornados)")
        Item2.Activated = function(ParentMenu, SelectedItem)
            --Do stuff
            TriggerServerEvent("tornado:delete2")
        end

After stripping his script to it’s core and comparing with the original, he removed gd_ the creators prefix. ie. glitchdetector from all the events, poorly implemented ace permissions, copy and pasted NativeUI, and he poorly rewrote the tornado positioning.

The last and cleanest change I found is undoubtedly the first thing he did, a rewrite of the commands:

if (args[1] == "summon") then
    TriggerEvent("tornado:summon")
	elseif (args[1] == "delete") then
	TriggerEvent("tornado:delete")
	elseif #args < 1 then
	return TriggerClientEvent('chat:addMessage', source, { color = { 255, 0, 0}, multiline = true, args = {"^1System", "Invalid Arguments!"} })
	end
end)```

If you actually read the description you will see that i have permission from glitch detector. I believe his credits were there at one point but i havent put that much time into it due to family medical issues so before you ACCUSE read the description…

Also the code may not be up to date on girhub because i think i only have updated code in the releases and also Glitchdetectors version wouldnt actually sync the tornado while this one does abd yes V3 is still coming but my mother has had some medical issues between being hospitalized and breaking her feet so if you have anything else to say send it to me in pms. But as far as the script accusations i have permission from glitch detector to rerelease his script

1 Like

Hey, I can’t see the tornado on my screen but my friends can. Do you know what the problem is

Before I go to install it, will it lag the server? I assume so and I want to add it but a friend gets 60fps highest and 40fps lowest all on normal settings and I use NVE so Idk if It’ll break my game.

Getting no sound and some visuals are not showing at all during the tornado, tornado is also spawning on top ovf every player, no time to run at all. Missing something ?

Anyone getting permissions error after adding them to serverconfig? Cant seem to fix this issue.

I don’t have any lag but I do have the latest MSI Motherboard with a 3090 with another graphics card that’s about $20K (It’s a server GPU…) and then 64GB with an amd water cooled.
but as far as I know it shouldn’t lag that much

are you using the latest version 2.1.5? it doesn’t spawn on top of everyone

1 Like

Someones got money o-o

Also I tried it and we’re all fine. Only get lag when looking at directly at the tornado cuz particles.