<<unknown pool>> Pool Full, Size == 400 - When traversing the map at great speeds

Client: Canary (happens with all versions), has happened for many months

Description: The above issue is produced when traversing the whole map rather fast via a method such as noclip. Unsure what pool it is referencing upon crashing so hard to tell give a more detailed explaination, my original thought was how I was handling doors through DOOR_* related natives but disabling them still yields the same result.

Prior to this the game will deteriorate in terms of performance (<60fps) until eventually leading to a crash, as provided.

FiveM_b2699_DumpServer_qK53VPfEM1

CfxCrashDump_2022_12_01_21_19_40.zip (1.7 MB)

Pools that reference the value 400:

StreamPed render data
PtFxAssetStore
PlayerBroadcastData
OcclusionPortalInfo

Thanks

Example Video: Map Traversal Pool Crash

Not a bug, usually related to user assets (portal scene node stuff, which is difficult to extend).

Given it’s related to user assets I’m also missing a repro.

Forwarded mapping data via DM’s.

A good way to fix this issue: Don’t use a lot of big “tree ymaps”. This will instantly give you a pool size error. Remove unused MLOs and don’t use txadmins noclip (its too fast).

I use my own noclip script that doesn’t go as fast as the txadmin noclip and there are no crashes anymore. So you have to move slower. :slight_smile:

That’s unrelated here (phInstGta, not this one, because these don’t batch collisions and instead use dynamic/embedded collision).

I don’t have any ‘tree ymaps’, I also don’t use txadmin, I do use my own created noclip.

The whole “move slower” approach is irrelevant given that players can traverse the map up and down for a few hours before receiving this crash, my video just illustrates how to rapidly receive the error.

The point of the report is to at least have it visible and if anything can be provided, great, if not then that’s fine, I don’t need a workaround.

Thats not 100% correct. The most used tree map is called “Forests of San Andreas: Revised”. This mod is not using embedded collisions anymore. This map mod will instantly give me a pool size error even when im not flying in noclip. If you are mapping it tree by tree (with embeded collision) its correct.

@Jarrk i just saw that your noclip is very fast. But now i understand that you just wanted to repro it as fast as possible.