Unable to launch RedM

RDR2 version? Latest, 1.0.1232.30
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/Epic Games/Social Club? Social Club
Windows version? Windows 10, 1909
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes
Error screenshot (if any) The processes can be seen in the task manager, but there is no visible window (https://imgur.com/a/XHmkMjc)
System specifications i5-7500, GTX 1060 6gb, 16gb RAM
What did you do to get this issue? Open RedM.exe
What server did you get this issue on? None, can’t even see RedM window
Latest CitizenFX_log file https://pastebin.com/deMyFnB7
.dmp files/report IDs 13b65726-6ec9-4d55-9a73-2b9bf0a903f6.dmp (386.1 KB) 9548fce5-a809-4703-a32c-01701b9eb274.dmp (197.7 KB)

If an issue with starting:
RDR2 folder screenshot https://imgur.com/a/XHmkMjc
RDR2/x64/dlcpacks screenshot https://imgur.com/a/XHmkMjc
Filepath to RedM folder C:\Users(User)\AppData\Local\RedM\RedM.app
RedM client folder screenshot https://imgur.com/a/XHmkMjc
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? Yes
Did you start Rockstar Games Launcher not as admin? Yes

Also add what you already tried so far.
I tried reinstalling RedM like 3 times, making sure no files were left before reinstalling. I tried executing as admin both RedM and RDR2. I also tried changing RDR2’s graphics api to Vulkan from DX12. I don’t know what else to try. Oh, and I also tried opening RedM with my antivirus off (Avast).
Also, I red something about the NVIDIA driver’s version, mine’s 442.50, I hope it has nothing to do with it because I don’t want to change it since it fixes another game’s error for me.

4 Likes

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

1 Like

Can you try adding DisableNVSP=0 to your CitizenFX.ini file in the RedM directory?

3 Likes

I just tried this as I’m having the same issue. But still didn’t work for me. Thank you for responding!

Just tried it and it didn’t work, but I checked the log file and I saw this:

[ 47] [ RedM] MainThrd/ DisableNVSP != 0, not disabling NVSP.

Thanks for the help!

3 Likes

I’ve the exactly same bug, impossible to launch, I’ve try to dot your tips but no…

2 Likes

This is an issue with the API that validates the copy of RDR2, old copies that are already validated will still work but for now new copies will not launch. This is a change made on Rockstars end and not on Redm’s. The issue is being looked at but is seen as very difficult to fix. I got this information from CFX’s twitter and discord. Fingers crossed Rockstar reverses the change or another way is figured out.

5 Likes

Well that’s unfortunate. This is the exact problem I’m having. Just got whitelisted and wanted to try, lol.

Hoping for a fix soon!

1 Like

As of this morning I could no longer log in to RedM, it would load and then nothing appear.

I found a weird fix, hopefully it works for some of you guys. (I run red dead through steam)

Open rockstar social club, once thats loaded open Steam and RedM at the exact same time, if done correctly it should just work.

RedM will open with only Rockstar Social club open but it won’t connect to servers without steam, HOWEVER if steam is running RedM wont open… somehow by opening redM and Steam at the exact same time it allows RedM to open and it allows Steam to sync with it or whatever.

Hope this helps!

6 Likes

does not work(

If you just open social club and then run RedM does it open? do you see servers and stuff but cant connect? Just trying to see if you have the same problem or a similar problem, It would be good to understand whats actually stopping it from working normally

1 Like

Just tried launching again today after the last RDR2 update, but it didn’t work, so I’m guessing it has to do with the api that Rockstar removed, so I guess I won’t be able to play until there is a workaround since I bought the game on Social Club

2 Likes

glad its not working for others i just recently bought a pc and downloaded redm saturday literally have tried every step mentioned in these forums with nothing working im gonna try opening steam at the same time as redm and see if that works

hopefully they can figure it out really wanted to try it this last weekend

Today i had trouble opening RedM again and for 1 out of about 5 attempts it showed me an error message, it said something about “fivem + 28a7c7” not being able to open or something like that. I kept trying my method anyway and eventually got on so i’m guessing i have no NEW problems and maybe that error is linked to the problem, i just wonder if my problem is the same as everyone elses? I only ask this because people mentioned if you played before a certain date your copy should be validated and working which mine should be but i still cant open RedM without opening steam at the exact right time otherwise its just loads a black screen and flicks back to desktop

1 Like

Same bug needs a fix asap

Seems rockstar stoped new players from running redm

So if older players can still run RedM, that means that when they run it, RedM isn’t running the API to check to see if they have a legit copy any longer because their copy has already been validated before R* changed the API. To prevent RedM from checking every time, shouldn’t that just be a registry value somewhere or a file that RedM writes to after it validates 1 time that you have a legit copy?

1 Like

when i launch RedM everything is fine untell it asks to update my game cache were it then just sits at 29% is there anyway to fix this.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.