Unable to join most servers. "Too Many Threads"

Just for extra information - do you people ever open the developer console (F8) while playing?

No, I personally do not ever open the dev console. Thanks for the information though, and really appreciate all your guys’ hard work, godspeed.

i also have not used the developer console. thanks for the response :+1:

Does the Canary channel (UpdateChannel=canary in FiveM.app/CitizenFX.ini) fix this issue?

It is also weird how this happens even with the developer console not being opened, as the code that should show this message shouldn’t get run at all until the developer console is opened.

No, assuming I placed it in the correct config location (there was only game file location there) I still had the same error, I do note that starting fivem in windowed mode I do get closer to connecting to the server, but each time it errors out after about 30 seconds of trying to load into the revolution life rp server (as opposed to instantly in fullscreen).

Try the latest canary build (caches.xml should say version 12380 or higher).

Alright, so caches.xml does in fact show version 12380 on canary channel. I didn’t have time to sit through the queue process that rev life has server side, however I did manage to get into a few other servers that were yielding the same result previously, though I will double check rev life in a couple hours.

Confirmed, canary build holds the solution, thanks for your magical powers guys.

how did you update i cant seem to figure out how lol

Same here, I dont know where the canary is. Could one of y’all walk us through.
Thanks

So I’ve successfully updated to canary build 12440, but the game just straight up doesn’t launch anymore. Starting the EXE does nothing.

Update: I’ve reverted back to 12330 because that’s the only version that actually launches for me, anything higher doesn’t launch. I’m still having the issue where I can’t join servers with the error message “Too many threads”

in case you guys’ still have not got it what you do is (make sure fivem is not running during this):

1. locate your fivem folder and go inside the ‘app’ folder
  2. locate the ‘CitizenFX.ini’ and open it
  3. underneath what I am only to assume is your game file location, add: UpdateChannel=canary
    4.save & close
    *now when you boot fivem it should update your build.
    ** you can check your build after re-running fivem by locating the ‘caches.xml’ file in the same folder you found the first file. (I just used Ctrl+f to find it)