Unable to join any server

This will most likely need some live support because this stuff’s spooky.

GTA V version?
whatever the newest one is
Up to date?
GTA? Yes. FiveM? According to your installer, yes.
Legit or Pirate copy?
Legit.
Steam/CD/Social Club?
Social Club
Windows version?
7 i am literally unable to upgrade to 10
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again?
Yes.
Error screenshot (if any)
None.
System specifications
Pretty bad, it’s a laptop, but it has no problems running GTA V, GTA online, or any other multiplyer mods, so i doubt the issue is here.
i5, 4GB RAM, Radeon HD6470M,
What did you do to get this issue?
Start the client, click on any server (with or without steam running in the background), downloaded both mods, and then server internal data.
What actually happens?
It’s after this that i’m stuck on that same loading screen without anything happening apart from the loading screen being all nice and fancy.
No buttons work and i have to kill the process from task manager.
What server did you get this issue on?
All of them that i tried.
CitizenFX.log file
Turns out this is actually the client log.
https://pastebin.com/Gcpyd5zX
.dmp files/report IDs
Not relevant.
What have you tried so far?
Reinstalling. Deleting the entire cache folder. Joining random servers. Starting up steam so that the steam overlay was running in game and tokens were created at each login.

[EDIT] Apparently i could join d0p3t’s barebone server just fine. There were a few lagspikes at the beginning (0.5 to 30 fps back and forth) but after a minute or so everything was running smoothly.
Now i have no idea what servers work and what don’t. The SanAndreas RP server didn’t. Nor did any German servers i tried.

You dont have pc for play at gta5 with mod , you have a pc equivalant ps3 change you graphic card and you ram check the minimum config recommendation in gta5 if you play at 20-30 fps go buy ps4 loool

yeah xD loool because i just have that much money to throw away xDDD

:expressionless:

Seriously dude.

Anyway the comment is completely irrelevant since i CAN join servers. The lag is horrible in some, but it generally works fine.
Theere are just some servers that for some reason can’t progress past resource loading.

normal im have 90fps in my server and im have 45fps other server beacause multiple server is not optimized if you server joined use esx is impossible for you :wink: or you turn game at 10fps , just if you have no pc for play in good condition dont open ticket is not fault fivem its you fault and you have a windows7 , windows 7 is not supported per fivem better its windows 10 beacause fivem use lasted features

windows 7 is in a lot of things far better than windows 10 so dropping support for it completely is insane.
my computer is not the best, but this is what i have, and it works FINE. both on other games and even with fiveM on SOME servers

This being said i’ve finally found the source of the disconnection on at least one of the servers. (the primary one i wanted to access)

[ 103007] Performing deferred RELOAD_MAP_STORE.
[ 111587] ResourceCacheDevice::EnsureFetched downloading tree hight 2.ymap (hash 67ceee3783f55736d1306c9cc6020ef940ac55af) from https://134.255.217.210:33000/files/sandyshore/tree hight 2.ymap
[ 111821] ResourceCacheDevice reporting failure: Empty reply from server - CURL error code 52 (Server returned nothing (no headers, no data))
[ 121509] EndpointMapper::HandleRequest: POST /gta5/11/gameservices/auth.asmx/CreateTicketScAuthToken

So it’s the CURL error code 52 again which has been brought up previously on this forum:

So here’s my current hypothesis:
Two errors are working together to create the problem:
1)
Some servers - maybe due to the machines they’re being run on - are sensitive to latency spikes in connections and refuse to send any response when a response from my end is late or garbled due to noise.
2)
FiveM, seeing the CURL code 52 simply accepts that and instead of retrying the last step at least once or twice, immediately halts the loading process, but without actually giving an error or returning to the main menu.

Fixing either of these things should fix the issue, and both of them are out of my control.
As is my connection quality.
I get 5MB/s and relatively low ping times for being half across the world, but there is a lot of noise in the connection. This is thanks to the groundskeeper having messed up the insulation of the wiring of my apartment building. We literally had icicles coming out of outdoor power outlets and door phones. This is beyond my power to fix, as it would require digging up the whole building.
Since i don’t know what it is that makes some servers more lenient with connection issues, my only suggestion is to implement a retry loop into FiveM for code 52.

No? Nothing?
Okay…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.