[Tutorial] Creating and editing animations for GTAV using AnimKit

WoW
Very good, thanks

Can someone help me fix it? My model is run by YCD, I want it to move smoothly. But there are times when it still twitches. Imgur: The magic of the Internet

this is my video thank!

2 Likes

Nice tutorial! THANKS

Who can give me a file without key frames, 3ds max 2017 version

I wrote a tutorial in case anyone uses DpEmotes and wants to stream custom shared emotes such as this one:

(Picture for example purposes. Not my animations)

1 Like

Such an amazing tool, i’ve been using it since release- although keyframe animating has lowered my brain capacity

I have been making moves in my props for some time now, since I discovered the tool, creating bones and moves requires patience, even more when you create something and it doesn’t work in the game! that’s a martyr!

3 Likes

Is there any fix? This doesn’t work for me either.

What about prop anims? i tried to convert the bahamas animations (e2_int_1.wad) and they are static anims ingame, also look kinda cursed like this tv screen, you may know what im doing wrong here?

do i maybe need to create clips?

if you need some of the files just private message me or talk to me on discord DRKM43#5870

UV animations aren’t implemented and in TODO list.

oh shit got it thanks mate

AnimKit just received a maintenance update with various long awaited fixes. I still plan to implement missed features like ROOT motion, UV animations, missed channels/data compressions, and maybe even move (or add side-by-side support :thinking:) from openFormats to CodeWalker’s XMLs at some point. I also want to implement Red Dead Redemption 2 support when it would be possible.

You can update AnimKit by launching it. Plugin update can be installed from “Manage plugin” window. Here’s more details:

2 Likes

i tried updating via manage plugin but it said, “An error occurred while uninstalling plugin”. I tried running it as an administrator, but it doesn’t load when I do that.

Any1 know how to properly make rigs? Or is it not possible to do that with GTAV?

I’ve noticed on YouTube Animation tutorials that in their models, you can click and drag the foot and it will automatically move the necessary bones with it to make it look smooth (the calf, thigh will adjust their angle to make it realistic)

Hi this is a little off topic but would it be possible to use this tool for importing custom animations to other games? Like Cyberpunk?? Because that would be awesome.

@Disquse thx for this tutorial, have other form to make anims ? using blender or other program ?

@Disquse Hi! I have trouble with messed up bones. It’s static (pose) anim, so when I export it it look like kinda messed up with inverted bones

1 Like

after update AnimKit