[Tutorial] Creating and editing animations for GTAV using AnimKit

i tried to use one mixamo animation, but i have always this flickering problem, if i can fix this problem it wloud be fantastic.

What method have you used to apply the animation or rig? I mostly do hand animations but I’ve tested out a few methods to apply Mixamo animations which seem to work fine

3 Likes

All hand animation work fine, i have this problem only with mixamo animations or when i edit in-game animations

Are you retargeting the animations or are you using controllers and helpers to reanimate the rig from the mixamo rig? Cause if you are retargeting it you might need to edit the curves and if you are using controllers then you are just not aligning the rig properly I guess

1 Like

hello, faced with such a problem. Remaking the standard animation, the upper part of the body begins to break when walking. Example 1-how everything should work, example 2- how the upper part breaks.
1-https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/767686247925547029/919571171094192198/GIF2.gif
2-https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/767686247925547029/919571169743605790/GIF1.gif
there is an idea that the bones of the back are to blame, but there are no ideas how to fix it

2 Likes

Just tried it - it’s cool. I also tested if the animation from the jesus model would work on freemode - yes, it does perfectly, but as noted here, using the freemode model is better as it has more bones.

As I don’t see anyone already posted it, here is my complete rig from the tutorial (with no keyframes) if someone doesn’t have the time to follow it:
jesus.max (12.4 MB)

1 Like

How do I put edited .onim or custom .ycd to the game in single player? Do I just drop it into x64c.rpf/anim/ingame folder?
Doesn’t it need an xml file to come with it???
I have animation done but can’t export it to the game :disappointed_relieved:

Can’t figure out animations that move the player’s location, anyone have any insight about animations like a walking loop? Are there flags needed or something?
I’ve tested a bunch with moving and not moving the root bone but nothing has worked correctly

Model position is still a WIP but I’ve tried small root movements with IK_ROOT, SKEL_ROOT and few more things selected which I don’t remember at the moment butt it SOMETIMES seem to work. So you can try and error it but position channel is still under work

1 Like

Hi! Could you please tell me how to get animations for GTA 5 with Mixamo?

Hi! Could you please tell me how to get animations for GTA 5 with Mixamo?

1 Like

There’s probably a better way, but I just uploaded the ped skeleton into Mixamo and then imported the animation into a scene with the mp skeleton.
I’ll be making some tutorials but I have to test a bit more first

Anyone know why when i edited the ped in a sitting anim they cant sit higher in the car? but when standing outside the car they are higher?

Please show me your channel

Can you please tell in DETAIL how to create animation with mixamo.
I UPLODED AN MP CHARACTER AND THE. UPLODED IT TO MAXIMO AND DOWNLOADED THE RIGGED PED.
I IMPORTED IT TO THE 3DS MAX
NOW WHAT TO DO?
PLEASE EXPLAIN STEP BY STEP

not sure, but i think vehicles seats uses dummyes, because that different comes. Not sure if that help if you edit vehicles.meta file and find a and try to edit that X number. I hope thats help you.

By editing vehicle meta files would this change the position only when i use that animation? or will this apply to anyone who sits in a car? Also where can i find the vehicles meta file

Can I convert animations from an fbx file to the format I need for GTA 5 or do I need to recreate them using GIMS EVO?

Kind regards, I am new to this platform. I mean that so far the program has worked for me very well, without any problem. What happens is that I have been trying to pass some animations that I like from gta, to 3ds max, but these animations are cataloged as UNK instead of saying HUMAN? …

and when I am going to import those animations that the Skeleton catalogs it as UNK from AnimKit to 3ds max, yes, it makes the character move but not the joints …
UNK

Unlike the animation that the Skeleton that identifies it as HUMAN ?, if it gives movements to the joints
HUMAN

If there is a solution to solve this problem, we would like to know all of them, because they are animations that we want to export to give it modifications, we will be grateful.

Hi! Have you learned how to pull animations out of Mixamo?