[Tutorial] Creating and editing animations for GTAV using AnimKit

Can you send me .onim or .ycd with this specific “broken” animation? I will take a look.

1 Like

prototype_wallrun.rar (19.4 KB)
Yes, this is the file.
if this can help this is an in-game animation edited.

1 Like

This problem is more frequent when i loop animation or change anim speed

1 Like

Oh, okay so then I can use all base ydd I have or any pants, arms, etc… I understand but not sure how to proceed. I do have the files though.

Well I think I have my idea. I’m gonna try something simple first, an animation to wash your hands and add some water particles with a script.

Wrote a forum post on how to import the freemode peds. You can have a look at that here

1 Like

Look, I don’t know anything about animating 3D models. So if this is a stuid question, just go easy on me lol. Is there any way to convert Mixamo animations to this tool. I’m thinking of something like updating the Spider-Man mod to have more accurate Spiderman poses

It seems to be working but there is a bit of tweaking needed in order to upload the rig and import it back into 3ds Max.
I am still encountering issues though when playing a second custom animation even after setting Unknown1C to a unique name but I will keep trying.

what type of issues you encountering?

i tried to use one mixamo animation, but i have always this flickering problem, if i can fix this problem it wloud be fantastic.

What method have you used to apply the animation or rig? I mostly do hand animations but I’ve tested out a few methods to apply Mixamo animations which seem to work fine

3 Likes

All hand animation work fine, i have this problem only with mixamo animations or when i edit in-game animations

Are you retargeting the animations or are you using controllers and helpers to reanimate the rig from the mixamo rig? Cause if you are retargeting it you might need to edit the curves and if you are using controllers then you are just not aligning the rig properly I guess

1 Like

hello, faced with such a problem. Remaking the standard animation, the upper part of the body begins to break when walking. Example 1-how everything should work, example 2- how the upper part breaks.
1-https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/767686247925547029/919571171094192198/GIF2.gif
2-https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/767686247925547029/919571169743605790/GIF1.gif
there is an idea that the bones of the back are to blame, but there are no ideas how to fix it

2 Likes

Just tried it - it’s cool. I also tested if the animation from the jesus model would work on freemode - yes, it does perfectly, but as noted here, using the freemode model is better as it has more bones.

As I don’t see anyone already posted it, here is my complete rig from the tutorial (with no keyframes) if someone doesn’t have the time to follow it:
jesus.max (12.4 MB)

1 Like

How do I put edited .onim or custom .ycd to the game in single player? Do I just drop it into x64c.rpf/anim/ingame folder?
Doesn’t it need an xml file to come with it???
I have animation done but can’t export it to the game :disappointed_relieved:

Can’t figure out animations that move the player’s location, anyone have any insight about animations like a walking loop? Are there flags needed or something?
I’ve tested a bunch with moving and not moving the root bone but nothing has worked correctly

Model position is still a WIP but I’ve tried small root movements with IK_ROOT, SKEL_ROOT and few more things selected which I don’t remember at the moment butt it SOMETIMES seem to work. So you can try and error it but position channel is still under work

1 Like

Hi! Could you please tell me how to get animations for GTA 5 with Mixamo?

Hi! Could you please tell me how to get animations for GTA 5 with Mixamo?

1 Like