[TUT] Securing Your Server

Teach me, Senpai!

But really, thank you for explanation. I will try to get more into this over time.

And just to be clear, even server sided .lua can be viewed/changed by client with appropriate equipment, right? Or just any information in client sided part of the script eg. “client.lua” is vulnerable?

And have mercy on me, I am a noob trying to learn all this from ground up :upside_down_face:

Edit.: And how is it with config files?

Only the client side stuff can be directly viewed, however;

a lot about the server side can be inferred from the client side lua combined with the actual operation of the resource its self.

And what about config files? I guess client doesn’t have access to those, right?

If I understand it correctly, if you make your config file part of the client load, it’s just as vulnerable. You would want to only include it serverside and then make calls from client every time you need something from it.

1 Like

'twas fun

its a wrap from me

later boys, good luck

bai bai for now fivem was fun :wink:

1 Like

Hello
Please Help Me
I’m downloading icecon_linux_amd64 - icecon_linux_arm AND icecon_linux_i386.

but when i want run —>
icecon_linux_i386 -command “esx_ambulancejob esx_policejob” 127.0.0.1:30120 passwordhere
icecon_linux_arm -command “esx_ambulancejob esx_policejob” 127.0.0.1:30120 passwordhere
icecon_linux_amd64 -command “esx_ambulancejob esx_policejob” 127.0.0.1:30120 passwordhere

did not working and shown me :
-bash: icecon_linux_arm: command not found

Please Help Me

I’m using CentOS 7.
Yes it’s working YES …

First:
chmod +x icecon_linux_i386
Second:
./icecon_linux_i386 --command=“restart policejob” 127.0.0.1:30120 passwordhere

It’s Working …

Thx. I have found a better tool than “dia”. Dia url program.

I have found a better tool than “dia”.
A tremendous laziness to do it with “Dia”, however “draw.io” offers much more facilities.

A slightly longer summary of the previous text or at least what I understood as a programmer to be done and the problem referred to in this post.
Correct me if I am wrong @ioerror

nice tutorial

Hmm…what about things like score calculations. It’s a lot easier to have each client perform a score calc than forcing the server to perform processing for eeevery singggle player. But it’s definitely insecure…Would you say this kind of thing isn’t securable?

Love this guide by the way - A great brain shift on how to build secure apps!

1 Like