Tuna's Power Job - V1 [ESX] [Working Power Grid] [FREE]

BUMP Version 1.0.6 is now available !!

1.) Toggleable Job Blip
2.) Third mission added (Travel Work XL) *also toggleable
3.) few changable settings added in job.lua; May consider adding some more for more configuration;

Thank you everyone for the feedback and support ! I am working on a new project that I hope you will all enjoy very much; And yes it will be free :slight_smile:

1 Like

~ Bump ~

We love having this in our city ! Great job Tuna

1 Like

EDIT: Solved In Private DMs.

Hey, thanks for all your hard work. Was trying to add this into my server and everything works except when I’m actually doing the jobs. I don’t see a progress bar and my character is stuck in the animation which means he is unable to finish the job. I have all the above dependences installed and followed the instructions carefully. I can see a notification which displays the current power going to the grid. Blip Markers are shown properly and also checked the terminal for any errors. All Looks good. Any idea on how to fix this?

1 Like

hey there; are you sure youre not getting any errors in the f8 or server console ?

Also when the server starts, is there any errors then ?

Very good script Thanks

1 Like

Youre welcome :slight_smile: :fish:

Glad we got that working for you ! Enjoy :fish: :heart:

1 Like

A Thank you to you sir for helping me install this on my server, above and beyond been testing it for hours and it works great :fireworks:

1 Like

You’re welcome; Glad we got that working for you :fish:

Bump I will be releasing a new resource within the next few days; Thank you all for the feedback and support and I hope you will all enjoy this next release :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Tuna :fish:,

thank you for that wonderful release and this very nice idea!
I have a question: Is there a reason, why you made the grid in js and not in lua, is it because you can make a neverending thread with set immediate?

I took that wonderful script and develop it myself from here for our server, im not releasing anything, its just for my personal use , dont worry. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

As a Hint what i did until now:
I changed the weathersync to our own syncscript with blackouts. :cloud_with_snow:
I rewrote the code grid.js to grid.lua, i made a Table in database where i save the actual powergrid status every minute and i get it out of the base when server or script restarts - so its not resetting at every server restart / or script restart (we need 3 restarts a day because of fivem performance), so it is a neverending powergrid :). Because we have enough players i made a job for it and restrict all tasks to this job (esx). I use a car with working bucket for the realism in RP when we repair the grid. In the future im planning to add more jobs on random places, add waterwork and a water “cleaniness” state and some more things for our server.
I really want to say…
This script has SO MANY POTENTIAL , you are a Angel for bringing it to us. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Thank you soo much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello !

Thank you so much for the kind words; It means a lot ! :fish: :heart:

To answer your question; It was my original intention to write the entire script in javascript as thats what im most familiar with; However I quickly learned theres a number of limitations working with natives so I wrote the job + payment portion in lua.

As for the use of setImmediate(); That is to schedule the callbacks from the weather script back onto the main thread to avoid thread affinity, the use of setTick() is what replicates Citizen.CreateThread(function()end) in lua; and using a Promise in js vs Wait() for lua

I truly appreciate the feedback, this was my first resource I have released for free in hopes that others may find use and benefit from it. As well as other developers to find inspiration :heart:

I have a lot of other projects in mind for the future; However my work with the power grid is far from done; Thanks for sharing :slight_smile: Would love to see some progress in the future and any highlights etc :+1:

2 Likes

like it

1 Like

Thank you ! You should check out my latest release :slight_smile: Link available in main post :heart:

^^ see above; Meant to reply directly :slight_smile:

Ohh thank you for explanation. Yeah, you are right. I didnt try to work with java since i started with fivem and your script was the first one i saw and i think its the better idea to continue in lua or even c# if you dont want to have the code “open”.

You did a damn good job for your first release and even the fact that all that work you did on this is is for free really deserves respect. As you can see in cfx releases many others are just copying and rewriting parts of scripts and release it as paid. And you did your own one, whats new and you release it for free. :slight_smile: Thank you Tuna.

Information: i made some progress this hours. I moved the sabotage to the big powerstation with the XL work and spawned security there, so its a bit of an event for the players. I will use a callback for my cellsystem, so people can sabotage it to get out their friends out of prison ^^

Ps: If you want, i can send you my grid.lua with the databasestuff? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You’re welcome, glad I cleared that up a bit :fish: I have no bias towards any particular language, however I agree most people prolly do not use a compiler

And I really appreciate the feedback; Its a good feeling knowing others are finding use from something i’ve made :slight_smile: While i can’t speak to what other developers are doing Im happy to say I will continue to focus on my projects and work to bring even better content for the community to enjoy

And cool stuff moving the coordinates to the large facility ! There is definitley a lot of potential for adding unique events and scenarios with the grid collapse, ive got a few ideas in mind and the cell gates is definitley a cool idea i wish you luck with that :):fish:

I wouldnt mind taking a look to see how youve implemented that ! Theres no one right way to accomplish what we’re doing here and im always looking to learn :slight_smile: p.s im very interested in the working bucket vehicle you mentioned; Any way you can point me towards that if its a public release ?

~ Bump ~

v1.0.7 is now available :heart:

3 Likes

hi you did a great job

but there is a problem

when I change clothes I can no longer put on my previous clothes and when there is no power in the city I cannot even turn on the lights of the cars

1 Like

hello there;

I have not experienced an issue with changing clothes after the job; Our server saves outfits so we can easily toggle between them :+1:

As for the lights; That is due to the nature of the native function used to toggle blackouts in the city; However i have a patch planned for the near future :slight_smile:

1 Like