TLDevtools

WELCOME!

Welcome to my most ambitious project yet, I know it’s not much at the moment but I plan to make it big. It’s a general devtools that I wanted to make to help develop your products. Many of the devtool scripts I’ve found out there just didn’t have enough for what I wanted to test so I made this. Its rough around the edges at the moment but changes will be coming. Thank you for supporting me by downloading this and if you have any suggestions for features please let me know! If you are a developer who is fluent in NUI and want to help me make a custom UI and replace ScaleformUI from this project please reach out.

COMMANDS

/changeloglevel <number or string> - number 0-5 or name
(YOU WILL NEED TO SET THIS ON FIRST RUN, DEFAULT IS 0 or DISABLED)

/triggerevent <destination> <EventName> <args>
(0 for server, -1 for all clients, server id for specific client)
(args separated by spaces)

/saferestart <ResourceName>

Other Features:

• framework detection with exports (framework names can be adjusted/added in the config)
  • EventWatcher (place any Networked Event in the config spot with the type of logging you want it to represent and it will generate a log for it. Including a visualized table for every argument)
    • NOTE: Currently Supports up to 10 arguments
  • Log Level/Types include:
    • DISABLED - 0 (do not pass this for a NewLog argument)
    • ERROR - 1
    • WARNING - 2
    • INFO - 3
    • SUCCESS - 4
    • CUSTOM - 5
  • Log Level is saved as a KVP so it will not reset on server restart.
  • Will forward logs to discord webhook
    • Configurable max log number so you don’t get spammed with Info/Success messages.
  • Safe Restart
    • Safely restart any resource that has loaded assets. This command will automatically detect all assets loaded by your script and automatically delete them before restarting the script.
    • REQUIRES ACE PERMS:
      • add_ace resource.TLdevtools command.start
      • add_ace resource.TLdevtools command.stop
      • add_ace resource.TLdevtools command.restart

EXPORTS

exports.TLdevtools:NewLog(LogType <string>, Message <string>)

(submits a new log, automatically detects and displays the script that sent the request)

exports.TLdevtools:AceCheck(Permission <string>)

(SERVER ONLY: Does an Ace Permission Check and Automatically logs it on both the server and the client.)

exports.TLdevtools:getFramework()

(returns detected framework)

exports.TLdevtools:isFramework(FrameworkName <string>)

(returns if framework is equal to FrameworkName)

DEPENDENCY

ScaleformUI_Lua

GET IT FOR FREE NOW AT: https://tldevelopment.tebex.io/package/5721019

If you’re selling your resource, please include the following information at the end of your post:

Code is accessible No
Subscription-based No
Lines (approximately) 500
Requirements ScaleformUI_Lua
Support Yes

(For releases without code the not applicable fields can be written as N/A)

1 Like
  • Free releases: Releases that are released for free must contain a download other than Tebex (such as a direct download or GitHub). You may include a Tebex link but it must not be the only download.

I wanted to release this as a beta test, However I don’t want people to take the code and run with it. Is there any way around this as I don’t feel like it’s in a state to be able to charge people for it yet.

I mean it’s your script so you do whatever you want, but making a developer tool PAID is kinda wild in my opinion as it’s not gonna be used in production so you can’t make any money out of it

1 Like

I see you and I hear where you are coming from. And I was about to argue that my intended use for it was so that devs could ship it with their products to make debugging easier on live servers. And now that I’m thinking about it, that wouldn’t really work if the resource was paid… I may have to go back to the drawing board… Maybe rethink my life a little bit… Either way its free now just escrowed… I’ll decide what I want to do with it later.

Yeah no problem, as I said after all, it’s yours and you do whatever you want with it. Just from a dev POV it looks “weird” to pay for a resource that I’m not gonna use in the long term. But anyways resource looking great !

Thank you. I’m actually really proud of my Safe Restart feature. I’ve been working with a dev that kept restarting his resources and crashing us out. I’m hoping that will elevate that issue as well as being useful for server owners to be able to restart their cars live while they are modifying them.

This still violates the release rules. All resources that are free need to have a direct download as per the release rules.

I love some of the features listed here but i feel like it would duplicate a lot of stuff that current frameworks already do. If it’s light-weight enough and has an open enough licence to integrate into anything commercial without too much of a hassle i’d consider using it.

Of course, as I stated up above my original plan was for devs to incorporate the functions here for easier debugging. They can point their customers here tell them to set the log level then see what it outputs. And its useful for the devs because it has its own event watcher. So its listening to all events that you configure it to listen to. I want to make it available I’ve just put in a lot of work to get it where it is. I’d like to start making some revenue off of the scripts I make but its really hard for me to justify what is worth paying for. I do feel too many of these simple scripts are being sold for a few lines of code someone wrote in an afternoon or two. I’ve been slaving over the 500ish lines I have written to make it as simple to use but also versatile as I can.

1 Like

Forum rules. Tebex can not be the only link for a free release.

Please include a direct download as mentioned in the rules