🔥 Osaya - A custom framework roleplay project

Hello guys!

Osaya is a FiveM roleplay project being developed by me and a few other people. We’re working on a custom framework and doing most 3D stuff custom as well. The project is still in early development, no ETA on release

For more information, read our Monthly Letters that are posted below or join our Discord guild.

Connect with us

If the link expires like it has in the last 3 months, please let us know! - 09/03/24

1 Like

Character selection is done!!!

1 Like

Monthly Letter - July 2023

Hello all, publishing one day early, due to weekend busyness.
It has been another great month with some great progress!

Character selection & creation

As some of you might’ve seen, we have finished both resources this month… They took longer than expected, but it was worth it! Of course expect things to change until the first playtest as I wouldn’t say it’s perfect.
Here are the videos:

What are we doing now?

Currently we are working on smaller UI pieces like the context menu, text prompt and others. Patrons have already seen glimpse of what we’re working on. The next major feature we’ll be tackling is the apartments system. After that we’ll work on more story based/lore features

150 members!

Wow… We got here pretty quickly! The recent growth and support has been insane and was completely unexpected. We will continue growing and posting more updates about what’s happening around the community.

Looking for staff

We are looking for staff members. Developers, moderators, everyone!
If you are interested, contact me!

See you next month! :sunglasses:

Hi, I may be interested! Can you message me on Discord on the scope? ethan4tr

I sent a friend request, but I’ve gotten no response from you…

Monthly Letter - August 2023

It’s that time of the month again!

Development progress

We have made a lot of progress this month. We have finished one big and two medium sized features - the apartment system, context menu and the target/interaction menu. Currently we are working on a new chat and after that we’ll most likely be doing the economy progression system which I still have no clue how we will do it :rofl:

On the 3D development side, progress has been a bit slower as I am the only person doing this full-time - spending all free time on the project, but we are still keen to show you guys our progress in the upcoming weeks/months. We are slowly expanding our man-power as well, so hopefully this will speed things up. If you are interested in working with us, reach out via Modmail (pinged in “Community changes”).

Patron changes

We have changed things up on Patreon as well. We have gotten rid of the Free Trial basis as it seemed like people were subscribing to it for the free benefits and then cancelling/declining the subscription. We have also changed up tiers and their benefits, we have gone to 3 tiers - ranging from 2.50$ up to 10$ /mo.

Community changes

Our moderation team has changed quite a bit and we have a new member in the management team. Two new moderators - Mike and Thrust. And our new community manager/helper Krunchy, he was a moderator before-hand and worked his way up to the position he is in now.

Thank you for the continued support. We will see you guys next month! :sunglasses:

Monthly Letter - September 2023

Hello all,
We’ve got new things to share with you!

Development update

Pretty** good progress** was made last month and we’d like to share most if not all of the new progress. Our main goal for last month was to work on the economy system and I think we have gotten a fair bit done :EZ: We’ll also start posting more frequently to the public #previews and Patron exclusive previews will get fewer, less frequent previews.

All new previews are in our discord server: discord.gg/osaya

3D development wise, vehicle progress is going pretty well. When we have more done we’ll make a few posts :eyes:

Discord changes

With the new branding change, we’ve gotten a new and cool vanity invite link - discord.gg/osaya, but we’re about to lose it so please boost the discord server. We’ve also changed our support/contact system from ModMail to a ticket system. **You can contact us by creating a ticket over at #new-ticket. **

For easier management on our side we’ve changed our role structure, meaning all moderators are now just a part of the support team and all have the same permissions.

I’ve also changed our Patreon page to include only one tier (people who subbed to the other tiers will keep getting billed for that tier)

We’ve got a new staff member, NotBless. He is Support & Marketing/PR

Whats next?

Currently I’m working on the admin menu.

After that we’ll be doing the hud and some other smaller thingsl ike the death/passout screen. After all of that possibly the inventory - not sure yet, but time will show…

We are looking for contributors

If you do any sort of work from 3D modelling, programming to even marketing or sound design - we’re waiting for you :sunglasses:. Good time to mention ticket system again lol - hit us up via #new-ticket or DM me!

I will also be making a separate announcement that is more like a personal update and my thoughts on Osaya :eyes:

See you next month!

Monthly Letter - November 2023

Hello guys, we’ve got some stuff to talk about

Development update

Good progress these two months. We mostly focused on the admin menu and the HUD, but we have a few other smaller features we worked on. We’ve decided that we’ll post to #exclusive-previews all month and then we’ll post everything into #previews when the monthly letter rolls around. Bellow I’ve listed all of the features we worked on:

• Admin Menu
  • Status HUD - Health, Armor etc
  • Notifications
  • Native sound system
  • Death prompt/respawning

We also started work on another major feature that patrons can see right now! So go subscribe over at patreon.com/jajar (2.50$/mo)

New team members

We have gotten a few members onto the Support and Development team.

• mmbappee - Support & Developer (Programming)
  • monesuper - Support
  • mikewhilecoding - Was support, now is a Developer as well
  • bdxn - Was support, now is a Developer as well

Roadmap & Release update

Next message…

See you all next month!

Roadmap Plans

We have been waiting to say something really solid about our development progress, because the last thing we wanted to do was get people excited and then go silent for a long time. Finally though we feel that we have a solid enough outline to share with you guys! Currently we are working on the inventory system which will allow us to start doing some more interesting stuff that’ll drive the community more.

Development stages

The development stages are all the different phases we’ll be going through pre-pre-release of the server, such as testing, quality assurance and just regular stuff like continuing the development of new features.

Stage 1

In the first stage we’ll have most basic features finished like the inventory and maybe a few activities and an interior or two done. At this point we should have enough funding from our Patreon to start up a testing server, so we can try and see how we can break everything lol.

Stage 2

In the second stage we’ll have most on-release civilian and criminal activities and emergency services ready. At this point we’ll start doing more open testing with Patrons (Backer+ tier) and a few other selected people.

Stage 3

The third stage is hopefully going to be the final stage before the release. Abut 90-98% of the on-release features should be done. At this point the server will have started stress testing the server with a lot more people - All patrons, content creators and maybe we’ll open up a public application to select a few others (5-50, depending on how large the community grows).

Of course this only just a rough outline of what will be happening in the future and we’ll be updating you all throughout this journey. If you have any questions, feel free to ask in #general or create a ticket over at #new-ticket

Monthly Letter - December 2023

Hello guys its that time of the month!

Inventory

This month we focused on a very important part of the server - the inventory! We’ll have a preview on our YouTube channel and a link to it down below. Certain features like shops will be coming later with other feature releases. Currently we have a total of 109 items, that includes all weapons and a few storage containers. A few other QoL changes were made in the back-end, but our main focus was of course the inventory.

YouTube Video

What’s next?

For now we’ll be working on some smaller features like more admin menu actions, internal documentation and a lot more…

Staff team

Since the last letter, our team has grown by a lot. 5 new developers have joined Osaya! You might start seeing more 3D content from us soon :eyes:. We’re still looking for more 3D artists, so if you’re interested contact us #new-ticket

That’s really all we have to share this month, see you all next year :sunglasses:

Monthly Letter - January 2024

Happy new year and merry Christmas!

Last months progress

As we mentioned in the last monthly letter, the month of December was dedicated to internal documentation and smaller features. We followed that plan and it went pretty well. We finished everything pretty quickly and took the rest of the month to work on a better idea road map and plan out future features so we’re not running through the next year without any plans.

Idea board & future plans

I can confirm that a total of 110 different ideas have been written down and are still being expanded upon. This number will keep growing as we go and we are happy with the current progress and will explain what we’re working on right now in the new paragraph

Our plan for the upcoming month(s) is to work on vehicles and weapons, but before we can do any of that there are some other features that we need to work on. Currently we are making a new loading screen and pairing it up with a main menu which patrons can already see, and soon I’ll start working on a completely new interaction system which will replace the conventional target/3rd eye and F1 menu.

There are lots of other features that we’ll be working on throughout the month and we’ll talk about that in the next monthly letter. :eyes:

Previous announcement

Maybe you saw our previous announcement about the developer application. I’m sad to inform everyone that we didn’t receive any submissions, so if you’re still interested here’s the link:

https://forms.gle/EKDDmNQqBiGCanxM9

If you want to see inside of the #exclusive-previews channel, you can Boost our server or subscribe to us on Patreon

We’ll see you all next month :sunglasses:

I updated the link again. No clue wtf is happening with them

Recruitment

We’ve got a lot of new positions open on our team. Join our Discord and head over to #recruitments to learn more