The best way to idenitify an user.... Steam aside

Hi ! I was wondering if you guys know what would be the best way to identify an user but without Steam.
Steam has a lot of advantages but also some problems.
Let’s not forget the fact that your server can’t rely too much on Steam because of the instability between cfx (aka FiveM) and Steam (For more info : A PSA on Steam identifier support).

All of that to go to one point. Ditching Steam and finding a alternative to Steam.

What would be that alternative ?

PS : This topic is mainly related to the Role Play gametype as it’s the only gametype needing an identification for the users to be able to load user data.
Also, I hope I was understood and I already thank you all for the participation even though this post might have 0 participation. :roll_eyes:

license:

Hi,
I thought about license. One issue, what’s the link between the user and the license.
I haven’t found a doc on that or any info. Is the license linked to your rockstart account, to your FiveM game (then playing on another computer will change the license)…
The thing I mainly wanna know about license is how stable it is (don’t know if i’m gonna get understood here).

Sorry for late response,
It is their Rockstar Social Club. All users are required to have it and, it is perfect because most people only ever have to log in once and never again :slight_smile:

EDIT: To make it clear, EVERYONE has a license. It is impossible to play without it, making it the best choice.

1 Like

Thanks, that’s what I wanted to hear. Can’t even remember logging my Social Club to FiveM. :sweat_smile:
Thanks again for your help !