Texture loss issue

We are facing some serious texture loss issues on high settings. However, if we bring graphics down then we don’t see the texture issue.

This is happening with people having high end pc.

What could be the issue ?

Current version of server is 3184.

Is it because of older version of server ?

Should we update server to latest 3404 ? It is stable and safe and will it solve the issue ?

Thanks!

All clients should keep their texture settings on Normal at all times. A lot of people have been buggered with this issue and, to my knowledge, nobody really bothered trying to produce a reliably repro for it.
One thing for certain though - texture loss does NOT happen on Normal settings for Texture Quality.

1 Like

All clients should keep their texture settings on Normal at all times

This is nonsense in my opinion, i have had many servers where i could play on high or ultra without any texture loss (Note that i do not have a gaming pc whatsoever). It mostly comes down to what the server owner puts into the server regarding scripts, and map addons. In my experience, those are the main factors for texture loss.

Use the resource monitor and the profile recorder to check and see what resources may be a bit heavy on the server and see if disabling them fixes the issue!

3 Likes

look at your Resource Tick Time and if you have esx_vehicle shop remove it its trash since it doesn’t delete the vehicle hashes after a person views it. That with unoptimized addon vehicles is a natural cause for texture loss.

To Summarize it:

• Optimize your Scripts(Make sure it runs lower than 0.10 - 0.05 ms if your server dev can optimize it)
  • Fix Common Bugs causing Texture loss included in Optimizing Scripts
  • Optimize Addon Cars if you have any(Texture are always a problem with Addon Cars the Size you are seeking with Custom Cars are 16mb or even lower)

What @JeffPolar is wrong about the put your setting to normal it helps to an extent. For the other section of his message i totally agree Server Owners these days just put unoptimized scripts in their server hence unwanted lagg and Texture loss

Side Note: On a server that i deved for alone people had 150 - 180 fps on high setting no texture loss

If you get a lot of errors in your console that look something like this, that’s probably why…

Asset dispatchworks/dw_mwstanier.ytd uses 96.0 MiB of physical memory. Oversized assets can and WILL lead to streaming issues (models not loading/rendering, commonly known as 'texture loss', 'city bug' or 'streaming isn't great').

Turning down texture quality to accommodate these garbage oversized assets might work, but ultimately they don’t need to be as big as they are. This guide might be useful [How-to] Optimize texture size | Fixing oversized assets | Bring any texture dictionary under 16 MB physical memory.

Totally agree, never said it wouldn’t help. Just think its nonsense to claim that you should have it on normal “at all times”, as it really depends per server. Other than that totally agree!

1 Like