Tebex support as a standalone resource for older artifacts?

I know, what a heretical request, but I will give it a shot. Nothing to loose, really.

So, after about 2 months of preparations, organizing, and making sure everything fits like correct pieces into jigsaw, I was ready to open server that would be relying (besides other things) on Tebex support. I though "ok, it has been a thing for about a year now, CFX has it sorted and usable. Patreon isn’t really the best solution for anyone. For those 2 months I was on Tebex hypetrain, ready to use all possibilities it should give to server owners. BUT, once Tebex for actually working, I realized latest artifacts are absolutely unusable for normal server functioning. When trying (however I am able to) to give a repro, I’ve beeb told that “it’s not good enough” (IMO, I never experience such random NPC bugs in 2 years). Well, that’s unfortunate and I sincerely appreciate all the work CFX and it’s community does for everyone, but long story short, I was forced to migrate back to latest stable patch and I feel bit… Disappointed.

For that reason, I want to ask, if it would be possible to release Tebex as standalone resource, which can be used for actually stable legacy OneSync (as that’s how 2430 feels like for now - and yes, I tried many of newer ones already). Because if I have to choose between Tebex and playable server, choice is obvious. But that also compromises my vision and work of many people on my side.

I try to be as fair as possible and simply ask for support. If that will be denied for whatever reason, it’s ok. But I have the feeling like I’m gonna get (again) passive aggressive reaction for some reason. So, if that will have any weight, I am trying to be nice and appreciate all the work that is being done overall.

No, not going to happen.

How about you instead find a way to fix these alleged “bugs” you experience or fix them yourself since you’re the one experiencing them?

We are just as fucking upset as you are by the fact that these seem to be unfixable so far. Really, even though the replies might not usually show this. However, the fact remains that I don’t have access to a server with players that these issues can be caused on, so I can’t run any debug stuff to fix them. I did fix a migration thing a while ago as a result of a posted repro, but apparently some of the issues people had still remained - it is hard to tell as people always conflate the different issues they complain about, and I can’t test any such things myself as it’s impossible to cause with less than some huge amount of players, so either post actual information regarding the issues you still DO experience on latest versions, or stop it with the constant crying and making new topics begging for a change of course.

However, the native integration won’t end up randomly rewritten “as a resource” just so you can run an objectively outdated server version that is also lacking many other critical changes and bug fixes, also as the time one could spend on that to benefit one or two people is better spent figuring out and fixing the actual issues people experience in newer servers to benefit everyone.

2 Likes

No, not going to happen.

This would be answer good enough.

We are just as fucking upset … even though the replies might not usually show this.

…you’re making it pretty clear with every interaction I had with you so far, tbh.

However, the fact remains that I don’t have access to a server with players that these issues can be caused on, so I can’t run any debug stuff to fix them. … as it’s impossible to cause with less than some huge amount of players

I can provide mine, if you want. I’m having serious issues, as mentioned, even when playing alone.

so either post actual information regarding the issues you still DO experience on latest versions, or stop it with the constant crying and making new topics begging for a change of course.

I am always first looking for topic already created and only when I can’t find the right one, I create a new one. I would love to provide a proper info/repo etc., as that in theory should solve everyone’s problems. But when I’m unable to? At least, I will let CFX know that there is actually something worth investigating for, if that’s all I can do. Not everyone here has a programming background, some learn as they go.

just so you can run an objectively outdated server version that is also lacking many other critical changes and bug fixes

You mean

rec ?

Well, you guys pushed FiveM so far already, I believe you will sort it out somehow. This is beyond my skill set and knowledge. Fingers crossed

1 Like

Does this thread imply then that we are allowed to monetize a server somehow?

EDIT: disregard, I had missed those posts about Tebex partnership etc… I’m learning about it just now, and this is just amazing :slight_smile: even more considering the low 15% fee, and not having to set up a payment gateway yourself.

1 Like

It’s only still that old as every newer version had someone complain something was broken so it would be wrong to update that build number prematurely.

Recommended is always the very latest, but this button is just to prevent people from complaining about known but yet-unfixable issues.