Tazio - ESX Job chat

change the chat to have your Job in front of your name!

Example:

Police | Tazio: [Message]

And in my newest commit it is

[ Police ] ( Tazio ): {Message}

Required:
Essentials
ESX_Jobs

How to get it working?

1. Download the plugin.
  2. Place it in your resource folder.
  3. In server.cfg place start jobchat
  4. Start the server and type /rp [Message] to use the plugin.
Changes

V2: Required to type /rp [Message] to active the plugin
V1: Will use the message for every message

Cheers!

2 Likes

Well… what does this bring? I believe that this just ruins the roleplay (meta gaming). You’re supposed to find like the mafia-boss etc by roleplaying. Also it would be very messy in the chat.

Not really that positive for a good roleplay server. Correct me if I’m wrong…

If you’re in the mafia you wouldn’t chat, would you?

Well, everyone is going to use the chat, the chat is for everyone, not sure what you’re trying to say.

mafia isn’t part of job description, its a gang description.

Twitter scripts use their in-game name & not the jobname which makes their job hidden.

Just curious to why this would be useful, I might be retarded and can’t find the point in this script.

Probably for those servers who like striding their titles around, thinking it’s a good idea.

I don’t think you made this the correct way what you should do have dedicated job chat that only the people in the job can see like police can chat with each other about crimes and suspect same goes for mafia that only they can see if you get what I mean.

@Tazio

I believe you are not allowed to to this on #development area!!!

1 Like

ok thanks
(20 characters)

1 Like

404 not found pls send me a working one

Try now :sweat_smile:

How is this working? What I have to type in? Do I need a server restart?

1 Like

Start the plugin in the server.cfg, start the server and type in chat and you don’t need to restart the server but you have to start the plugin

About the message first message you sended, in V2 you will need to type /rp before the plugin will work. Sorry for the hard delay

Both versions are now easier to download :slight_smile:

@Tazio

Friend, that should change that the chat will only be for factions, that is to say that it has a private police chat, taxi. I do not want it to show up for everyone.

Thanks for you help ! Sorry for my english.

When I make the command it works perfectly but I get an error in the chat saying that the command does not exist I tried to add RegisterCommand to the resource but when I do it the resource does not work. use essentialmode with es_ui without es_extended someone knows how I can permanently delete these error messages or register the command and keep it working?

If I want to turn the job name to job label what should I change in the code?